Mechanical Watch Repair

Zichar

Apr 22, 2008
Was wondering if anyone could help point me to a good watch repair shop...
The wifey bought this handcrafted watch in Japan a couple of years back
Made from scratch using recycled watch parts by this very old 70+yr old
I have no idea what's wrong
It's a wind-only watch ... which recently stopped working even when wound
Would be a better option than to send it to Japan (tried calling the number and the person on the line couldn't really understand English)

Sounds like a beautiful watch. Do not know of any local watch shops that still deals with mechanical watches but if you would like to send it back to the old watchmaker, I can try helping bridge the language barrier. Cheers, :)

Cool, thanks
That would certainly be my last resort!

I tried JW since it's right by my friend's workplace, pass the watch to him
He was exclaiming they must do very brisk business - open on Tues and Thurs only, 1,3,5 closed for repair work
Just got the watch back, it's working perfectly now
Thanks for the suggestions :)

I tried JW since it's right by my friend's workplace, pass the watch to him
He was exclaiming they must do very brisk business - open on Tues and Thurs only, 1,3,5 closed for repair work
Just got the watch back, it's working perfectly now
Thanks for the suggestions :)

yes pretty odd as well when their watches fly off the selves (literally) within 24 hours upon posted online. Some other shops, you can see the same watches been displayed for months and years on end.

yes pretty odd as well when their watches fly off the selves (literally) within 24 hours upon posted online. Some other shops, you can see the same watches been displayed for months and years on end.

Probably it is because of JW's method of posting it online which enhances the watches' visibility to the online audience?

JW resells watches at an amazing rate and better price than it's competitors.
Good place to sell your watches there.
TS -> Glad you managed to repair your watch, wanted to suggest you to go there.

Ya, the shop seem to be close all the time and when they do open it's very late, noon or something. TS, glad u got ur watch fixed.