McDonald's Fries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeckson Chow

Mar 1, 2005
Currently in Singapore
Over the past years that I have been eating McDonald's, I noticed a very big significant change in the quality of food under this brand label. Does anybody notice that their fries are getting from bad to worse?

I remembered vividly that during my school days, McDonald's fries were a super crave among kids. All will svae up money and flock to the restaurant to buy those golden brown fries and munch. Whether is it freshly out of the hot pool of oil or be it cooled and soften down, the fries just simply taste fantastic.

But recently, this quality had been degraded astonishingly. So much so that I cannot resist not to bring it out for topic discussion. Ha ha ha ha. I just had a packet moments ago. Big disappointment. From the tasty Russet Burbank has now changed to don't know what. The fries I had tasted as if it was soaked in chlorine before it was served. Gosh!

Anybody has the same experience and talk about it? :)

if you notice the fries quality went down hill, you will also notice the beef patice, from thick, to thin, and now super thin :angry: .

denniskee said:
if you notice the fries quality went down hill, you will also notice the beef patice, from thick, to thin, and now super thin :angry: .

Agree man! And to make it worse, the price never go thinner leh! Hor?

Zeckson Chow said:
Agree man! And to make it worse, the price never go thinner leh! Hor?

the fries are super soggy. they are wasting our money on technology, rather than the food.

mac used to have the best fries, now no diff between mac, bk, mos b, kfc, ljs.

as for the bugers, thats why I go bk, no mac. very pissed with the cost cutting measure they took. feels like being cheated if eat their bugers.

The best fries are still Coney Fries...

No other FF outlets can fight...

mac's standard is dropping la... everything getting smaller....

Despite they have invested a lot of money in revamping McDonald's image, I feel that they should spend more effort and time in revamping their food menu. For all these years, nothing has changed much. If not, try improving on the taste of their food. Afterall, it is their food that drives the image down in people's hearts, not their marketing effort... :p

used to like their fries but now, i cant bring myself to finish a packet

Ha... jsut had the fries abt 1/2 hr back.. & they were, as u described, 'sucks'..
Why did it tastes so good in the good ol' days was becasue they (fries) were cooked in oil with beef extract (if I remember correctly) ... of course nowadays they use veg oil ... not as yummy as in the old days.

Fries... miss A&W curly fries... the good ol' days

Beef extract? But last time, I didn't taste anything that had beef taste in the fries leh. I think it has something to do with the frying time and the oil temperature. Last time, the fries were not as deeply fried and there were good filling within the soft crisp skin. Now, super brown and inside empty one. :eek:

Absolutely agree with you guys that the food getting from bad to worse. Fries really become much tasteless as compare to last time. Did any of you guys notice that the lemon tea have changed from using fresh lipton tea to using lemon tea powder now. The hot cake use to be freshly made, but now they are using ready made hotcake, just put in microwave to serve us. Taste like ****.

Didn't notice it, because I seldom eat MacD nowadays. :D

Yea the root beer float is nice, I like the coney dog too. Too bad they are gone. :(

Btw I quite like Long John Silver's fries. :D

Does anybody think that the marketing people of McDonald's actually taste their own products first before releasing them to be marketed? Do they actually like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.