MC-30 Infrared Shutter Release Conversion Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is great !!!

This is not 100% Nikon, so be prepared to upset some people here (and I like that too !!).:sticktong :bsmilie:

Thanks for sharing.

c_jit said:
This is great !!!

This is not 100% Nikon, so be prepared to upset some people here (and I like that too !!).:sticktong :bsmilie:

Thanks for sharing.

:bsmilie: never mind lah.... can use on Nikon camera can already...

Yeah, not nikon :( ML-3 better :thumbsup:

ML-3 is for Camera with no IR port but use 10 pins connection/remote ie. F5, F6, F100, D1, D2, D100, D200. It is very expensive. US.$ 165.

ML-L3 is for Camera with IR port ie. F65, F80, D70 or Compact P&S. ML-L3 Pricing at US.$ 25.

Both can be replaced by DIY or 3rd party IR remote at $2-$10 which basically does the same job.

And before someone say ML-3 can be hoo-hah to auto triggering, delayed or shooet single shot or continuous shooting. A DIY IR commander can be program to do the same things plus more (time interval, proximity detection etc.) if one know program IR controller chip.

Wildlife and Crowd monitoring programs use a lot of IR activated camera both passive and active to study behaviours.

hmmm quite interesting...

markccm said:
ML-3 is expensive.
comes in 2 parts.

unlike the ML-L3 for D70

thats why i find the link real interesting and post to see if anyone wants to try and also improve on the design to add more features... and most importantly willing to share the info with us... :bsmilie:

c_jit said:
ML-3 is for Camera with no IR port but use 10 pins connection/remote ie. F5, F6, F100, D1, D2, D100, D200. It is very expensive. US.$ 165.

ML-L3 is for Camera with IR port ie. F65, F80, D70 or Compact P&S. ML-L3 Pricing at US.$ 25.

Both can be replaced by DIY or 3rd party IR remote at $2-$10 which basically does the same job.

And before someone say ML-3 can be hoo-hah to auto triggering, delayed or shooet single shot or continuous shooting. A DIY IR commander can be program to do the same things plus more (time interval, proximity detection etc.) if one know program IR controller chip.

Wildlife and Crowd monitoring programs use a lot of IR activated camera both passive and active to study behaviours.

hmmmm.... you got more info regarding DIY IR commander? :think:

Some assembly and soldering skill is required.
Simple IR Switch
IR Controller Kit

You should be able to get any of these at Sim Lim Sq.

The most difficult part to find is a Nikon 10 pin interface plug.
You can buy a MC-30 and modify it to have IR capability as shown by the original poster.
Or buy a cheap made in china ADIDT and modify it as well.

ADIDT Remote Shutter Cord

c_jit said:
Some assembly and soldering skill is required.
Simple IR Switch
IR Controller Kit

You should be able to get any of these at Sim Lim Sq.

The most difficult part to find is a Nikon 10 pin interface plug.
You can buy a MC-30 and modify it to have IR capability as shown by the original poster.
Or buy a cheap made in china ADIDT and modify it as well.

ADIDT Remote Shutter Cord
Thanks for the info, man! :)

idor said:
wiz you making one a not...
No lah, I'm not so handy with tools :(

Most prob will buy a ML-3 later. Can use with my F100, then later maybe D200 :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.