MBS 19/02/2011..Light Show.

rxsroc77

Jun 13, 2010

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Mainly composition and exposure.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Architectural beauty of the MBS Resort.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Night time near the Youth Olympic Park.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Personally like the picture but would like to learn more from seniors here...:)

Opinions will differ but my tastes ask for something a bit less bright. The photograph is as your title a light show. It's overpowering the 'architectural beauty' you stated.

Select where is meant to be bright and where to be darker. Not sure how much post processing you did but would like to see essence of the photographer in the photograph. Maybe you should shed light on what you have done, especially shadow recovery-wise.

Hi Foxtwo

Thanks for the advice..learnt something!
As for PP..i did a bit of sharpening..leveling the picture and the contrast.
No shadow recovery was done.

nice pic. It looks over pp because there seems to be no absolute black in the picture? The darkest part seems to be at 80-90 % grey from my monitor.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi Jace
Thanks for the input..
BTW how to make the sky darker?

BIG THANKS!

Hi Jace
Thanks for the input..
BTW how to make the sky darker?

BIG THANKS!

TS,
You can reduce the gamma and play around with the brightness and contrast...

I took the liberty to do just that, as shown below. Hope you don't mind...

testbte.jpg

Wow..nice la!..thanks for the tip!

Congratulations on your new D7000.

I see your aperture is f4.5, you may want to try between f8 to f16. Take a few of the different stops and decide when you are back at your computer's screen, that's what I do when I first tried these shots.

When selecting shutter speed use your camera's exposure level indicator to guide you on the appropiate exposure, again I usually take a few shots and choose when back at the computer.

ISO wise most people would advise ISO 100 for this shot. It's also advisable to switch the VR off. But remember to turn it back on when back to handheld...I forgot sometimes, haha.
Just sharing some basics, the more experienced photograhpers will clue you in on more.

Happy snapping!