mb18 for nikon f80??

Status
Not open for further replies.

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
from yodobashi cam store in shinjuku i picked up a nikon propagande brochure and read the details..under the "accessories" portion for nikon f80, they listed this thing called mb18. the pic shows its a vertical grip for f80 with the 2nd shutter release button? :think: the same page of that booklet also lists the mb16 (the one without the 2nd shutter release button)
so i was thinking is there really such a thing? coz all along we only heard of mb16 for f80, in sg...dont tell me jp f80 users are having the mb18 and enjoying the use of the 2nd shutter release button :think: ;p :angel:

clive said:
from yodobashi cam store in shinjuku i picked up a nikon propagande brochure and read the details..under the "accessories" portion for nikon f80, they listed this thing called mb18. the pic shows its a vertical grip for f80 with the 2nd shutter release button? :think: the same page of that booklet also lists the mb16 (the one without the 2nd shutter release button)
so i was thinking is there really such a thing? coz all along we only heard of mb16 for f80, in sg...dont tell me jp f80 users are having the mb18 and enjoying the use of the 2nd shutter release button :think: ;p :angel:
if there it's available in sg for the same price as mb16, tat will be cool ... :p

mmm :what: oops..hmm ok...either they print wrongly or i read wrongly..lolz :angel: paiseh i better go double confirm..wait scarly raise hopes for sg f80 users for nothing :bsmilie: (yeah thats the result of seeing too many jp babes :D )

clive said:
mmm :what: oops..hmm ok...either they print wrongly or i read wrongly..lolz :angel: paiseh i better go double confirm..wait scarly raise hopes for sg f80 users for nothing :bsmilie: (yeah thats the result of seeing too many jp babes :D )
u already raised my hopes for nothing .... :(

sometimes for nikon it works for cross models....juz tt the cuttin not so nice..

cutting as in u mean ergonomics? that means it may be true that mb18 can technically be used on f80 with no malfunctions but it wont feel as comfy to hold so nikon sg didnt really "publicise" on it? :think: ..nvm.. when i come back then i go CP ask for mb18 to try on f80 and see how it turns out =)

clive said:
cutting as in u mean ergonomics? that means it may be true that mb18 can technically be used on f80 with no malfunctions but it wont feel as comfy to hold so nikon sg didnt really "publicise" on it? :think: ..nvm.. when i come back then i go CP ask for mb18 to try on f80 and see how it turns out =)

Why don't you try it while you are there? And if it is cheaper over there, you might save a few dollars plus you can use it straight away.

Don't forget you get 10% in points (point cardo) which you can to use buy film and accessories the next day. Check out Sakuraya too.

The salespeople there are very obliging(customer oriented) so it won't be a problem asking to try anything out. They don't discriminate either, even though it isn't a big ticket item, I'd bet they'll still treat you royally.

And oh, don't forget to check out the Nikon service centre while you are at Shinjuku too - just 10mins walk away from Yodobashi. They will also be confirm if the MB-18 works with the F80. Don't worry, at least one of the counter staff speaks english. You can also take as many brochures as you like, they will even provide you with a large envelope to carry them them in.

would love to know if it is true...

Yes Yes...please try and tell us asap!! If its true than i'll get that right away...getting really excited now... :bigeyes:

sorry

apologies to all

they didnt print wrongly...

er..its rather i read wrongly... :sweat:

it goes like this:

in sg, we have f75 and f55
in jp, they call it "U" and "U2" (doh..kinda weird names..lolz)

on that page of that booklet, they lump the details of f80, U, and U2 together in a corner...and they also include details of their corresponding grips...so in the midst of all the mixture of hiragana and splattered english, i mistook the "U" and "U2" as part of the splatterred english..so i was a bit muddle headed and subconsciously assumed that mb18 can go along with f80...now that i read more carefully, there are actually lines on the page to separate f80 with mb16 and the "U" with mb18...so..conclusion: mb18 doesnt look like it can be used on f80 :angel:

so er..those who want to :kok: pls carry on :D

but..

well, a mis-reading error like this thus gave me a new idea: ie, go back to sg and ask for a f80 and try to mount it with mb18...hope both wont spoil =)

Status
Not open for further replies.