Mazda 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tan131

Oct 26, 2003
www.flickr.com
Join in the fun since r32 has posted his works on a couple of mazda cars.. Well, dun have the opportunity to shoot a power car.. so jumped at the opportunity when a friend allowed me to shoot his Mazda 3 sometime back. Only found time to tone and post recently.

Shot in multistorey carpark near my home, these pics are shot with solely the sigma 18-50 if u are interested. Got stopped by the cops in the mids of shooting too (kudos to our guys in blue.. great to see ya doing ur job well :)). The entire series is toned to a dark, black, mysterious feel. So seat back, enjoy and hopefully, give me some feedback ya.

Oh yeah, before i forgot.. these images are COPYRIGHTED.. so do not try to do anything funny;)

M3HeadlightsRGB.jpg

M3BackRGB.jpg

M3GearRGB.jpg

Somemore... and yes, these are COPYRIGHTED as well ;)

M3DialsRGBnet.jpg

M3InteriorRGB.jpg

M3FrontRGB.jpg

M3Whole.jpg

Tat's all.. hope you liked wat u see

Amazing shots! Look very professionally done! I like the tone and framing. Can't even tell you shot it from multistorey carpark for the last shot! :bigeyes:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I may have had the better subjects but your shots are definitely better executed, no doubt about it. Its on a totally different level. Superb.

The only thing I would like is to see them in colour, just to see if black and white really is the better choice.

Thanks for the comments r32... i dun think the colour ones should be seen.. thats the reason why i had it in b&w. direction of sunset, postioning of car, plus hdb flats in the background totally screwed it up. but i guess i'm lucky to be able to get such shots still. purposely went for a slight underexposed dark tone ,hope you liked the it ;)

tan131 said:

I like the series generally. Small comment about this one... I fancy a more even level of lighting throughout the front would give the image a better sense of balance. It's a little dark on the right imho.

I do like the round feel to the shot. 17mm perhaps?

Thanks Terence.. I toned the pic to bring out the details on the left headlight of the car. But thanks for the feedback.. nope, its not 17mm.. 18mm f2.8 ;)

erm... its a mixture of natural and artificial light... nope, i did not use the flash in these set of pictures :)

Canew: Thanks, me not pro lahz... jus another car lover :)

sehsuan: Used the natural skylight to light up the bonnet. no flash used.

SniperD: Thanks Ron, took a while to figure how to tone these pics.. Slowly learning along the way.. the series is kind of like temptation.. showing small portions, while masking off the whole of the car. Last pic was intended to show the front of the car, using the headlights and logo.. hehe.. dunno if it works.. so.. when u free for coffee man? :p

tan131 said:
SniperD: Thanks Ront, ook a while to figure how to tone these pics.. Slowly learning along the way.. the series is kind of like temptation.. showing small portions, while masking off the whole of the car. Last pic was intended to show the front of the car, using the headlights and logo.. hehe.. dunno if it works.. so.. when u free for coffee man? :p
Hmm.. print them out to see in prints. Msg me lah.. I will be free tomorrow to Friday, in the afternoons.

SniperD: cool.. maybe tomolo or thursday we meet for a drink.. will get them printed asap.. where's a good and cheap lab for 8R or 4r prints? hehehe...

In the meanwhile...added one more pic :)

tan131 said:
Somemore... and yes, these are COPYRIGHTED as well ;)

M3Whole.jpg

Tat's all.. hope you liked wat u see

this is what I'm talking about. Showing more.. good one for this one! Yeah.. go KT. let 'em know you are from CS and give me a call from there. I see if I am in the area also oso... hehehe

fwah....very nicely done. if you are available and depending on your fee i might consider requesting you to do a series for my 'new' car...

Thanks for the comments bluz.. would love to grab more chances to shoot more cars... pm me abt it.. maybe we can work something out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.