MAZ is back!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Larry
tkps = ??? tiko photographers? :bsmilie:

I was thinking tiko pehs, but that works as well, hehe.

wow.... big big zoom..... 450-1350mm / 35mm film equivalent and 3MP CCD. Might have good military application if the lens could resolve details well enough...

Initially was misled by the 3x optical zoom ;p

Originally posted by StreetShooter
The question is whether you will be able to get a shallow-enough DOF to blur the background, with such a small CCD.

I'm assuming you're joking (it's said with such seriousness), so, :bsmilie:

Originally posted by YSLee
I'm assuming you're joking (it's said with such seriousness), so, :bsmilie:

Well, I was not really joking. The lens is actually a 75-225 mm lens. My experience with small lenses for small CCD's is that the DOF is rather large. Sure, you can get up close, but the background will not be as nicely blurred out as with, say, a 1200 mm lens for a 35 mm system.

But of course I could be wrong.

Well, I was not really joking. The lens is actually a 75-225 mm lens. My experience with small lenses for small CCD's is that the DOF is rather large. Sure, you can get up close, but the background will not be as nicely blurred out as with, say, a 1200 mm lens for a 35 mm system.

But of course I could be wrong.

Yes, you're right, it won't be as blurred out, however, you can guess at such focal lengths it'll still have a very shallow DOF.

It's not as bad as you'd think it would be. The DOF that you'll get would be equivalent to a 450-1350mm F16.8-24 lens. A Sigma 50-500 + 2x TC would be equivalent to a 100-1000mm F8-12.6 lens. So the DOF increases roughly by a factor of 2 only.

x3 if you compare to a 600mm F4 + 2x TC
x4 if you compare to a 1200mm F5.6

Status
Not open for further replies.