Maybe Baby?

Would you like to have a child in the future?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

feryl

Jan 7, 2003
Visit site
With the current hot issue of babies flowing around the grapevine, I would really be interested to know if you guys would wan to have babies in the future. Personally, the issues are very pertinent and complex. Having a baby is such a personal and intimate event, but Singaporeans have managed to create a fiscal matter out of it... :think:

My take? I wld definitely like to have a child, even tho my gf doesn't like kids. :dunno:

yeah i'll have kids when i'm married and ready to start a family, and that decision has absolutely no bearing on what the govt says.

btw.. what have they been saying anyway? :dunno: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

jOhO said:
yeah i'll have kids when i'm married and ready to start a family, and that decision has absolutely no bearing on what the govt says.

btw.. what have they been saying anyway? :dunno: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Some things are better left unknown. :bsmilie:

well, of course i will. But not having kids here, my gf thinks that it is kinda stressful for the kids, so she insists on getting them grow up back in malaysia.
(the above statements might attract a lot of flames, but hor, i am just being honest and state what she feels)

But of course, it is still too early for me to say this, as i am only 23, and attached yet not married yet. :D

Btw, fryl, i like your ebichu (horny hamster) avatar. u watched until episode 16 also rite? cant seems like find the rest of the episodes. :cry:

cheechee said:
Btw, fryl, i like your ebichu (horny hamster) avatar. u watched until episode 16 also rite? cant seems like find the rest of the episodes. :cry:

No worries dude, i'm sure we r open minded enough to accept that everyone has their own wishes. :)

I think #AnimeMpeg stopped encoding after 16. :cry:
I had initially wanted to put the picture of him holding a 'uin uin' :)

when im ready 2b a father..i will want at least a son. because i want to teach him everything i had learnt in my whole life and pass on all my skills to him and hope that he grows up to becomes a better man than i am. i started late in life...i dont want him to end up playing catch-up like i did...i will want to give him the best opportunities, especially those i missed, and i want him to be the best that he can possibly ever be. i will be his coach, mentor, friend, guiding light...my father wants me to be the best, and i will want my son to be the best. to nurture him to be a man with a strong mind. to teach him how to swim freestyle, teach him how to cycle, make him go running once he can start walking, buy him his first computer, make him go to RI, watch him complete his first triathlon, send him to NS, welcome him home when he ORD, watch him complete the ironman, teach him photography, buy him his first camera, teach him the secrets of othello, tell him all about jpop, watch him brign his girlfriend home, witness his marriage, carry my grandson...

feryl said:
No worries dude, i'm sure we r open minded enough to accept that everyone has their own wishes. :)

I think #AnimeMpeg stopped encoding after 16. :cry:
I had initially wanted to put the picture of him holding a 'uin uin' :)

Haha.. must be quite fun for the uin uin part.
Ebichu is sure nice to watch. I like everything about it, especially the "Ebichu Man", the part whereby it manages the laundry shop in day time, and the various customers.
:D
Heard it ends at episode 25. Try and see my japan fren can help me search not.. hoho

I think having kids is stressful and need a ot of commitment, but as what our PM say, the returns from them are much hihger than what you sacrifices.

clive said:
when im ready 2b a father..i will want at least a son. because i want to teach him everything i had learnt in my whole life and pass on all my skills to him and hope that he grows up to becomes a better man than i am. i started late in life...i dont want him to end up playing catch-up like i did...i will want to give him the best opportunities, especially those i missed, and i want him to be the best that he can possibly ever be. i will be his coach, mentor, friend, guiding light...my father wants me to be the best, and i will want my son to be the best. to nurture him to be a man with a strong mind. to teach him how to swim freestyle, teach him how to cycle, make him go running once he can start walking, buy him his first computer, make him go to RI, watch him complete his first triathlon, send him to NS, welcome him home when he ORD, watch him complete the ironman, teach him photography, buy him his first camera, teach him the secrets of othello, tell him all about jpop, watch him brign his girlfriend home, witness his marriage, carry my grandson...

Whether you will have a son or not is not a choice for you and your wife to make, realistically. Besides, you can still teach your daughter/s your ideals as above too.

Picture12.jpg
:bsmilie:

think govt aids can onli help so much....it is still up to individuals....and u can't deny that STRESS and heavy workload are detering people from having babies

luckily..they are going to change to 5 days week.....but only civic service sector right?

Remember..the "CHOOSE YOUR BABY SEX" news??.....will u guys go for it? ...hm.... :dunno:

clive said:
:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

feryl said:
With the current hot issue of babies flowing around the grapevine, I would really be interested to know if you guys would wan to have babies in the future. Personally, the issues are very pertinent and complex. Having a baby is such a personal and intimate event, but Singaporeans have managed to create a fiscal matter out of it... :think:

My take? I wld definitely like to have a child, even tho my gf doesn't like kids. :dunno:

Don't you think we better think of finding a woman first before thinking of having babies?

Hahaa...good one!

u're right! ....too many singles....esp. women
. problem problem problem. :dunno: *shang nao jing*

no marry how to have children?

sion>> i think u shd send an email to the govt. they are trying to get feedback from the citizens. heee ;p :thumbsup:

Sion said:
Don't you think we better think of finding a woman first before thinking of having babies?

i got one son liao plus another daughter on the way,
where got subsidy!!! for my boy, not a single cents i gotten from garment

for my daughter, will prob have some but to complicate matters, most of the subsidy are very indirect kind, some rebate here and there and got lots of rules and string attached before u qualify,

anyway if they really wanna help, shd look at giving direct subsidy, maybe also take away GST on bb product like milk powder, diaper etc.......,

other than that, whether to stay single, married, have kids are very personal decision, and we shouldn' marginalise any of our fellow singaporean becoz of their decision.

parenthood is a total new ballgame, zap lots of your time and energy but i enjoy every single second of it :)

for now will defintely stop at 2, will i have more, unlikely i think......., unless everything from child birth to education is paid for, otherwise where got so much $$$,
so best to concentrate my resource on just 2 rite....

tearss said:
Hahaa...good one!

u're right! ....too many singles....esp. women
. problem problem problem. :dunno: *shang nao jing*

no marry how to have children?

sion>> i think u shd send an email to the govt. they are trying to get feedback from the citizens. heee ;p :thumbsup:

I think both parties play a part. I have to admit that a lot of singaporean men are quite 'plastic' also... while some singaporean women are somewhat demanding and intimidating :)

Like what vivientan said, most women here do feel, to some extent, that they r fiercely independent and live perfectly fine on their own. I think it's fundamentally wrong to change ppl's minds, so perhaps we can only hope that a good man will come along and change the woman's mind - companionship is really what life is all about, not fighting a solo war. :) I don't believe anyone prefers to eat ice cream alone. (ok, so u get less, but u probably get kisses and hugs in returns, bet u can't buy those in Cold Storage)

I think it's easy for guys to say they want to have kids.

TRiShnDaisy said:
I think it's easy for guys to say they want to have kids.

Ya i understand that it would be more difficult for girls to say want to have kids than guys cos eventually it was the girl who is going to carry the baby for 9 mths and they are also the one going through the painful process go giving birth. However we cannot deny that situation now have improve since our father times. Look at the father now, how many of them change the diaper of the baby and how many of them wake up late at night to feed the baby and how many of them take the child to the doctor? Compare this figure to the figure during our fathers time. I am sure that many of us here did not have your diapers change by your father before.

Status
Not open for further replies.