May i have a advise pls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin-ang

Sep 11, 2011
sengkang
Hi all I was planning to upgrade my camera but I was still blur don know Wana use which type...pls advise?
1. 50D
2. 60D
3. 7D
Or another model pls give me advise...
Thx

Hi all I was planning to upgrade my camera but I was still blur don know Wana use which type...pls advise?
1. 50D
2. 60D
3. 7D
Or another model pls give me advise...
Thx

Why only Canon? What research have you done? What features do you need? Why are you upgrading? What is it about the 50D that you need, about the 60D, about the 7D?

Your questions is a bit "no head no tail".

Since you said you do not know which to upgrade to, I take it as that u upgrade just for the sake of upgrading..
If,tjats the case,get 5dmk2. Next year,sell the 5dmk2 and get 1dx...
U will be a very happy man

Hi rash if not head no tail for wat u reply my thread u may to choose do not reply wat...bcos from the 1st time I was using canon 400d till now plus I got 2 canon lens for Wat i so idiot change a nikon body with canon lens?

Hi rash if not head no tail for wat u reply my thread u may to choose do not reply wat...bcos from the 1st time I was using canon 400d till now plus I got 2 canon lens for Wat i so idiot change a nikon body with canon lens?

and because it wasn't stated clearly in your post what you're looking for. be fair. you're not being clear in the first place with your first post. no one said you should buy Nikon. quit assuming.

so tell us what you want, and we'll advise what you need.

I was Wana upgrade bcos I used mine 400d more then a yrs then I was thinking to choose between 50d,60d or 7d...
1. If bcos I enough of the budget
2. Is I was still newbie if not I also won post here..

I was Wana upgrade bcos I used mine 400d more then a yrs then I was thinking to choose between 50d,60d or 7d...
1. If bcos I enough of the budget
2. Is I was still newbie if not I also won post here..

having a camera for 4 years doesn't mean you have to upgrade.

i've been using a Fujifilm S7000 for the past 7 years and i'm still pretty happy with the results. a camera is a tool to create art.

from what i see, it's better for you to upgrade your skill than your camera.

saves you your budget of $800.

that's my advice.

don't hop on the bandwagon of changing cameras just because everyone else is. you'll just kill your bank account

Kei thx for explain for me I m so sorry rash bcos of the 1st thread I write...
I think I wan upgrade to 7d but some of my fren say 50d n 60d better then I was post over here asking for advise only...

Exactly the details you mention here are missing in the first posting. We have lenses but no crystal balls to see what you have and what you have done so far. So instead of using questionable words and saving characters with little punctuation please use a bit more time to tell us about your situation, why you think you need to upgrade and what you think to achieve this way. And maybe ... maybe along the way of writing this you might notice already something... and also other will be able to help you much better.
Back to your topic: the 50D is no longer available (only 2nd hand), the 60D has a few things differently from the 50D - did you compare both models, e.g. using websites like Digital Cameras: Digital Photography Review, News, Reviews, Forums, FAQ ? The 7D is one level further up, which features do you require that only the 7D has? Time for homework :)

Last edited:
Octarine said:
You're making frnieds the fast way? :)
Exactly the details you mention here are missing in the first posting. We have lenses but no crystal balls to see what you have and what you have done so far. So instead of using questionable words and saving characters with little punctuation please use a bit more time to tell us about your situation, why you think you need to upgrade and what you think to achieve this way. And maybe ... maybe along the way of writing this you might notice already something... and also other will be able to help you much better.
Back to your topic: the 50D is no longer available (only 2nd hand), the 60D has a few things differently from the 50D - did you compare both models, e.g. using websites like Digital Cameras: Digital Photography Review, News, Reviews, Forums, FAQ The 7D is one level further up, which features do you require that only the 7D has? Time for homework :)

Hi thx n I also sorry for my 1st question for making every1 blur..I think my own homework still does not enough ><
I Wana upgrade to 7d bcos of the shuttle speed then I think Wana upgrade also upgrade the best till 7d ba bcos 1d or 5d really don hope bcos to expensive...

I think I wan upgrade to 7d but some of my fren say 50d n 60d better then I was post over here asking for advise only...
Better for what purpose? Better in which (technical details)?

You NEVER said you were using a 400D. You just anyhow listed some camera bodies with no reason why you picked them. Do you expect me to be psychic, and know what you currently have and what you are upgrading to? Please lah, don't be so arrogant to think that we all know what you have and that we all owe you something. What sort of idiot buys a nikon body with Canon lenses? Simple, someone who is NOT an idiot and is actually switching systems. What sort of idiot anyhow posts some bodies without listing what he currently has? Makes him sound like a first-time buyer, which is what I thought he was!

And where the HELL did I say buy a Nikon body? What sort of idiot assumes I'm telling him to buy Nikon, when all I did was ask why those camera models?

Again, I will repeat: What research have you done? What features do you need? Why are you upgrading? What is it about the 50D that you need, about the 60D, about the 7D?

So yes, your post is "no head no tail" because you listed ZERO reasons for why you shortlisted those bodies.

And so what if you have 2 Canon lenses? 2 is nothing, does not mean you cannot switch systems.

Last edited:
Is the time to do more homework ba...

I Wana upgrade to 7d bcos of the shuttle speed then I think Wana upgrade also upgrade the best till 7d ba bcos 1d or 5d really don hope bcos to expensive...
All shuttles are retired and will be dismantled or put into museum, shuttle speed is therefore Zero :)
Shutter speed for correct exposure depends on many factors and especially on the actual scene and your requirements. Without checking the details I would say the maximum shutter speed for 50D, 60D and 7D is 1/8000s. In which moments do you think you will need this?

Last edited:
Rashkae said:
You NEVER said you were using a 400D. You just anyhow listed some camera bodies with no reason why you picked them. Do you expect me to be psychic, and know what you currently have and what you are upgrading to? Please lah, don't be so arrogant to think that we all know what you have and that we all owe you something. What sort of idiot buys a nikon body with Canon lenses? Simple, someone who is NOT an idiot and is actually switching systems. What sort of idiot anyhow posts some bodies without listing what he currently has? Makes him sound like a first-time buyer, which is what I thought he was!

Again, I will repeat: What research have you done? What features do you need? Why are you upgrading? What is it about the 50D that you need, about the 60D, about the 7D?

So yes, your post is "no head no tail" because you listed ZERO reasons for why you shortlisted those bodies.

And so what if you have 2 Canon lenses? 2 is nothing, does not mean you cannot switch systems.

Hi rash Sory for the 1st question I post k...I just need a advise of dis 3 model I does not mean wat...

Hi thx n I also sorry for my 1st question for making every1 blur..I think my own homework still does not enough ><

1. The space shuttle is retired. Ask NASA for the shuttle speed.
2. You want the faster shutter speed, but for what? Why do you need the faster shutter speed?
3. Why do you think you need to upgrade body, and what made you shortlist the 50D, 60D and 7D? They are all heavily reviewed with side by side feature comparisons, so what is it about each that makes you shortlist them?

Hi rash Sory for the 1st question I post k...I just need a advise of dis 3 model I does not mean wat...

These 3 models are all a bit different. The differences are easy to see online. What is it about each that appeals to you? What about the ergonomics? You need to feel them in your hand to know which feels better and has a more logical layout.

Kei thx for explain for me I m so sorry rash bcos of the 1st thread I write...

I say 1DMkIV better. So does that mean you should buy that? Nope.

Just because they said it's better does not mean you should blindly follow them. Be an adult, do your own research instead of expecting others to do your homework for you, and then make your own decision. It's your money, your hands, your shooting requirements. Which of those 3 I would pick would be for my shooting needs, which may have ZERO to do with yours.

Rash thx for all of ur advise I will think it again n really sorry for the 1st question...
Actually I got go the vivo city canon thr and try it the 7d n 60d then I was think Wana buy of the 7d but my fren prefer me buy 60d bcos of the screen then another call me buy 50d then I was blur of it at all...thr say 50d now does not have new mostly also on 2nd then he say the body is metal n 60d is plastic...but i was think Wana got video together so I no news bring video cam easy..

***** iPhone correct my word again is no need not "no news"

Status
Not open for further replies.