Not open for further replies.

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Hi All,

It's time to plan our May outing now :)

Venue:
Bukit Timah Hill (trail hiking for a half day. Shooting subjects: macros, plants and landscapes)

Time:
16th of May

More info about Bukit Timah Hillcan be found here:
http://www.wildsingapore.com/places/btnr.htm
http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php?option=com_visitorsguide&task=naturereserves&id=46&Itemid=75

Suggestions:
1. get there as early as possible
2. wear long sleeve shirts and long pants
3. bring enough water and less gear
Please put your nick in the list so we'd know you are coming for the fun :)

Last edited:
May Outing.

Venue:
Bukit Timah Hill (trail hiking for a half day. Shooting subjects: macros, plants and landscapes)

Time:
16th of May, Start from 8am.

01. fengwei
02. darrrrrrrrrr
03. entangled
04. istDeS
05. le petit prince
06. Equatorer
07. Gengh
08. Ben Loke
09. creampuff
10. Baracus

Last edited:
I think Bt Timah Hill is a better choice as it's much more accessible and central compared to SBWR.

16/23 May is fine with me, time to put the new macro lens to good use!

Soorrry but this round cannot make it. !6th I have school function and 23rd i have my Accounting and Finance exam. Only able on 30th. You guys go ahead

:cry:

Venue:
1. Bukit Timah Hill (trail hiking for a half day. Shooting subjects: macros, plants and landscapes)
2. Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve (half day walking/tracking. Shooting subjects: macros, plants, birds)
3. Other places to suggest

Time:
1. 16th of May
2. 23rd of May

Anyone place is ok. I prefer 16 or 23 May. Last week, I have applied a Malaysia Visa. I am looking for a chance to see Malacca or Genting.
;)

Have not been to Bukit Timah Hill for a while. Anyway, both ok with me.:D

Up for Bt Timah and any of the 3 dates!

cool! just pick up Macro seriously, can learn a lot from masters:bsmilie:

uni vacation with some part-time works, so anytime, anywhere I would surely join

16 or 23 May ok for me. Anywhere is fine!

BT on May 16th is okay.
2nd choice May 23rd.

Let's do 16th ... and after the short climb up to Bukit Timah. We could go over to the row of shophouses next to BeautyWorld for some local delights!!!

The Mutton Bryani is simply "heavenly"! And for Kopi Xian, we can go over to Old Town Coffee for some white coffee in air-condition environment to review our pictures taken. Onz!?

I'm OK with Bukit Timah Nature Reserve on Saturday, 16 May.

Actually there are two places rolled into one:
Bukit Timah Nature Reserve http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php?option=com_visitorsguide&task=naturereserves&id=46&Itemid=75
Hindhede Nature Park http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php?option=com_visitorsguide&task=naturereserves&id=47&Itemid=75

There is also the Bukit Batok Nature Park nearby too as an alternative.

Best we start pretty early as it can get pretty busy on weekends so we don't have to bump into the crowds going there for exercise... and the carpark can be full fairly quickly (Friday late night owls please set that alarm early...) . Suggested time I'd recommend is before 8.00am while it is still cool. Believe me you will sweat... so avoid carrying unnecessary gear unless you want a good workout carrying it up the hill. :bsmilie:

Best we start pretty early as it can get pretty busy on weekends so we don't have to bump into the crowds going there for exercise... and the carpark can be full fairly quickly (Friday late night owls please set that alarm early...) . Suggested time I'd recommend is before 8.00am while it is still cool. Believe me you will sweat... so avoid carrying unnecessary gear unless you want a good workout carrying it up the hill. :bsmilie:

I'm fine with the dates and places. Gotta wake up real early if wanna reach there at 8 am. :sweat:

I'm OK with Bukit Timah Nature Reserve on Saturday, 16 May.

Actually there are two places rolled into one:
Bukit Timah Nature Reserve http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php?option=com_visitorsguide&task=naturereserves&id=46&Itemid=75
Hindhede Nature Park http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/index.php?option=com_visitorsguide&task=naturereserves&id=47&Itemid=75

There is also the Bukit Batok Nature Park nearby too as an alternative.

Should we bring drinking water? I have in mind like those water bottles with waist belt sold in sports shop.

What attire to wear, long sleeve Ts & pants incase of blood donations?

May Outing.

Venue:

Time:

01. fengwei
02. darrrrrrrrrr
03. entangled
04. istDeS
05. le petit prince
06. Equatorer
07. Gengh
08. Ben Loke
09. creampuff
10. Baracus

May Outing.

Venue:

Time:

01. fengwei
02. darrrrrrrrrr
03. entangled
04. istDeS
05. le petit prince
06. Equatorer
07. Gengh
08. Ben Loke
09. creampuff
10. Baracus
11. hjbyeo

Should we bring drinking water? I have in mind like those water bottles with waist belt sold in sports shop.

What attire to wear, long sleeve Ts & pants incase of blood donations?

There are soft drinks and water cooler at the ranger station at the foot of the hill. A small bottle of water will do fine. The last time I went there I was in polo shirt and bermudas but hardly got bitten by the mosquitos. However with the recent spate of rain... there could be a little more breeding, but with so many people visiting the place, the mosquitos probably can afford to pick and choose who to bite. :bsmilie:

There are soft drinks and water cooler at the ranger station at the foot of the hill. A small bottle of water will do fine. The last time I went there I was in polo shirt and bermudas but hardly got bitten by the mosquitos. However with the recent spate of rain... there could be a little more breeding, but with so many people visiting the place, the mosquitos probably can afford to pick and choose who to bite. :bsmilie:

hmmm, who were the ones who suffered the most bites at the ubin outing? :bsmilie:

May Outing.

Venue:

Time:

01. fengwei
02. darrrrrrrrrr
03. entangled
04. istDeS
05. le petit prince
06. Equatorer
07. Gengh
08. Ben Loke
09. creampuff
10. Baracus

Venue:

Time:

01. fengwei
02. darrrrrrrrrr
03. entangled
04. istDeS
05. le petit prince
06. Equatorer
07. Gengh
08. Ben Loke
09. creampuff
10. Baracus