MaxOnline 1500 will be upgraded to 2000 w.e.f. 1 April!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a need to change the modem or any hardware ?

Adam Goi said:
Got the letter today ... yay ... add another 0.5Mbps to the download speed ...

hehehe....just a numbers game...dun think there'll be any difference :bsmilie:

The bandwidth is controlled by the configurations down at SCV's side, not by us. So no need to change hardware/software.

I still remember hitting 1000k/s download last time when I was a trial user :( the 2mbps is not doing much justice :(

espn said:
The bandwidth is controlled by the configurations down at SCV's side, not by us. So no need to change hardware/software.

I still remember hitting 1000k/s download last time when I was a trial user :( the 2mbps is not doing much justice :(

Thanks.

Last thing I need to do is to BBB a modem :bsmilie:

price upgrad will be my concern

If they charge for that measely 0.5mbps, I will tell them to GTH.

Any significance between 3500 and 6500 or even comparing to 1500 plan?

rainman said:
Any significance between 3500 and 6500 or even comparing to 1500 plan?

The diff is u pay extra $20 per month :bigeyes:

im waiting for all to upgrade theirs to 6500..then I got less users on my 1500 haha...

alechim said:
im waiting for all to upgrade theirs to 6500..then I got less users on my 1500 haha...
Nope, 6500, 1500 are all gimmicks, the bandwidth still goes through the same pipe, the 'congestion' is created by the settings on SCV part, they tweak the allocation pipe based on your plans.

So even if all jump to 6500, they are still using the same pipe as you, and will be more congested now ;p

not much difference. their international BW capacity is still the same and your upload speed is still capped at a measly 128kbps. how to do high-speed videoconferencing? :thumbsd:

1.5Mbps is already very large bandwidth for internet usage IMO and rarely anyone fully utilising it.......Actually starhub should buck the trend and stop all this bandwidth numbering crabs......if they are genuinely in providing higher speed......why not up the oversea pipe so that we get more juice to oversea website??? :think:

Maybe its an April fool's joke. :bsmilie: Ya, i think not much of a difference. Just to make it sounds faster.

Hm.. I haven't receive the letter yet.....
Wonder if it's a one-time upgrade for all user... or they going to do it by batches...

ermmm.... serious? how come i dun have the letter yet?

yipeeeeeeee............... :bsmilie:

wait....., i think i am using singnet..............
anyway, shouldn't have any difference, unless you only surf Singapore sites with big bandwidth..........

wow, can file income tax faster now.

wait again.......alamak my company already submit so I just need to do nil submission......... :bsmilie:

rncw said:
hehehe....just a numbers game...dun think there'll be any difference :bsmilie:

Fully agree! I got mine upgraded from 3000 to 6500 recently, yet I cannot see/feel any noticeable change! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.