Maxmobile vs Maxonline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hommie

Oct 11, 2004
Singapore
Hi All CSer! My contract have officially end with Starhub for internet and I am thinking of re-contracting with Starhub but having a limbo with the various plans & promos around.

How good is Maxmobile's connection speed & strength? Any experienced user for review or compared against the Maxonline?? :confused:

maxonline for home use. speeds are 8mbps and up.

maxmobile for almost anywhere you have a phone signal. max speed for now is 7.2mbps, typically lower than that nowadays, probably due to more customers.

Wireless device still not as good as fixed one. So, if u plan to use it at home, get a fixed type. But if u on the move, get mobile as it's the only choice. Dont use ur phone to connect, ur bill will be extra high if u didn't monitor the usage. :sweat::bigeyes:

i hav maxmobile.

trust me.

Dont subscribe to it unless u need to use internet outdoor often.

Signal is very bad indoor.

And at some location, u can't download more than 100kbps. The signal will get auto-cut off.

I know they purposely did that in their server to auto-cutoff who download at high speed so that each user can't take much bandwidth.

Maxmobile :thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

maxonline is good when isp backbone and cable network are not giving trouble.
maxmobile will be ok when reception is good and no network congestion

Both has good and bad, but in terms of true speed, maxonline is much better. Mobility is the only reason to get maxmobile actually.
But if one eyes on a certain free gift or bundle deal, then I can only say they need to make an informed choice before they are stuck with a 24mth problem

Thanks for all the info! I think my requirement to having a constant internet connection anywhere I go is a desire not a need. Anyway, we already have many Wifi hotspot in many places in Singapore. Thanks for the advice!

I had 3 friends (one using Singtel, M1 and Maxmobile) came to my house in Kim Keat, Toa Payoh. The signal keeps dropping for Maxmobile and M1 but Singtel had a constant 60%-70% signal.

Singtel is the best signal so far BUT they do not have any UNLIMITED plans. First 50GB is free, then they charge $0.01/2KB.

I had 3 friends (one using Singtel, M1 and Maxmobile) came to my house in Kim Keat, Toa Payoh. The signal keeps dropping for Maxmobile and M1 but Singtel had a constant 60%-70% signal.

Singtel is the best signal so far BUT they do not have any UNLIMITED plans. First 50GB is free, then they charge $0.01/2KB.
Any of your friends tried their connection around Clementi MRT station? I had M1 before and I just couldn't get good connection here from home, often the connection took so long it just gets disconnected. I believe voice has priority over data with regards to bandwith......

HS

Any of your friends tried their connection around Clementi MRT station? I had M1 before and I just couldn't get good connection here from home, often the connection took so long it just gets disconnected. I believe voice has priority over data with regards to bandwith......

HS

Not sure about Clementi area but all this Mobile Data plan are ONLY good when you are on the go. No help at all when you are at home. The only time I found this gadget useful is when you are on the 1 hour journey home to office to home on a bus.

the cellular network is a honeycomb network. The number of base stations wrt load and coverage will affect line quality.

the red one being the oldest around, has one of the most base stations. I shall not go into details about building problems and their barriers for housing base stations; the difficulties involved in buying/begging the space up there, but just take it from here that red has very wide coverage. the other two brands are just expanding.

But if you live in a private estate with rather sparse population and is very near to a base station on a commercial building, chances are, you will get great signals no matter what brand you signed up with.

Also, operators are supposed to "monitor situation" :bsmilie: and put in more base stations in the event most of the lines are filled up with aunties and xmm jamming the phone lines.

As for data, it operates on d channel and hence the voice channels should not degrade line quality at the backbone. It can all be improved, but its about economy of scale and feasibility sometimes. So, if only two person complain, do you think they will move the base station closer to you or install a new repeater for you? Perhaps not. They will kindly tell the complainant to suck thumb and die.:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.