Maximum weight for Manfrotto 190B + 486RC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmak

Apr 16, 2004
London, UK
www.pbase.com
Hi,

As above, what is the maximum weight that both tripod and head can take? My setup would go all the way to about 3-4kg at one go on the tripod... Don't ask me to get another tripod yet because I already own this tripod... Will see if I'll need another one! :sweatsm:

Regards,
Nick

i want to attempt to answer your query, but pls tell me your tripod is 190B or 190pro??

reachme2003 said:
i want to attempt to answer your query, but pls tell me your tripod is 190B or 190pro??
Haha... oooppsss... its a 190ProB... Paiseh... :embrass:

cannot wait. the theortical answer is max load of your tripod less the weight of your ballhead = X, where X denotes the max weight of camera+flash+bracket+battery pack, etc sitting on your tripod. so, the intended weight should not be more than X.

reachme2003 said:
cannot wait. the theortical answer is max load of your tripod less the weight of your ballhead = X, where X denotes the max weight of camera+flash+bracket+battery pack, etc sitting on your tripod. no more.
Haha... I know that! :bsmilie:

The thing is that I'd like to have numbers, not algebraic format! :)

ok, it is 5kg less 0.46kg= 4.54kg. X is 4.54kg. clear?

now, the bill for my fee is $200.00, due when billed.

486RC2....hmm...may be able to take 4.5kg but it will be a bitch using it. Even with a 488RC2, it is a bit of pain in the arse using 3.3kg of equipment with it. Nothing much, just entry level stuff like plasticky D70 with no grip (who needs it anyway), 50-500 and flash, that's all. Just for easy going shooting birds on weekend mornings.

Product Code:*486RC2*-*Bogen code (USA only):*3413QR and 3055S
COMPACT BALL HEAD WITH RC2 RAPID CONNECT SYSTEM
Same as the 486 but equipped with a 200PL-14 quick-release camera plate. The 486RC2 is a direct replacement of the 308QR and 168S ProBall and Heavy-Duty Double Action Ball Heads.

A strong die-cast construction, precision machined aluminium housing, and an extremely hard phenolic resin ball provides smooth movements across all tilt positions.

The 486RC2 features a single ratchet locking knob for 360° pan and a double groove for +90°-90° tilt movements. Camera plate has a 1/4-20" male thread, and head to tripod attachment is 3/8" female.

SPECIFICATIONS

Finish: Black
Still*Photography: Yes
Maximum*Load*Capacity: 5.9 kg **(13.2 lbs)
Head*Height: 10 cm **(4 inches)
Pan: 360°
Tilt: -90° +90°
Weight: 1lb

make our life easier, we are in metrics.

2100 said:
486RC2....hmm...may be able to take 4.5kg but it will be a bitch using it. Even with a 488RC2, it is a bit of pain in the arse using 3.3kg of equipment with it. Nothing much, just entry level stuff like plasticky D70 with no grip (who needs it anyway), 50-500 and flash, that's all. Just for easy going shooting birds on weekend mornings.
My main gripe with this particular head is that when you put a heavy setup on it (anything 3kg or more), the whole combo flops over even when you loosen the lever a little to adjust the position of your combo (assuming you forget to hold your setup in one hand when doing so) Resulting in your lens or cam body slapping against your tripod, and possibly some minor scratches. It gets rather irritating after a while. And yes, this ballhead creeps (especially after using it for some time). Mount a D70 + 50-500 + flash on it, look thru the VF @500mm and tighten the ballhead and release it, there will be noticeable 'sagging' in the VF.

I'm using the non B version with the 488DC0 head.... damn it weighs a ton ... wanted to get the above setup but CP didn't have stocks .. the 488 can take more weight than normal ball heads - 50-500 easily, creep wise i'm not sure.

I guess if you're changing the legs.. go for the 055 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.