Mauritius - Dec 22 to 25, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kynoe

Oct 23, 2006
I'm going over to Mauritius for work, will be spending some time there for tour and photoshoot during 22 dec to 25 dec.

Anyone interested in joining me? :)

anyone?

The flight is 2000+, hotel is about 140 per day. The flight is 6 to 8 hours, depending on whether we fly direct.

The hotel is Hilton, which I am able to help you guys get corporate rate. It is a beach resort, and pleased to inform it is a private beach so it's not crowded.

Things to shoot includes the following:
- sunrise (superb)
- sunset (superb)
- babes and hunks by the beach, beach games, water sports, etc
- if you got underwater gear, we can shoot while snorkelling
- Christmas festive
- perhaps go for a short tour led by my colleagues (locals) and shoot some local stuff

The most important part is enjoy yourself. The sun, sand, sea... and the friendly and warm locals. :thumbsup:

I guess no one is interested?

don't think so.

I just got back from there 3-4 months ago from a friend's wedding. It's too expensive to go there. Flight ticket cost $1400

- sunrise (superb)
Meh...it's ok...
- sunset (superb)
snooore zzzzz
- babes and hunks by the beach, beach games, water sports, etc

no babes and hunks by the beach..i was at iles aux cerfs..none that i saw there, although the european women do like to go topless sunbathing

- if you got underwater gear, we can shoot while snorkelling
From what i saw on local TV, nothing much in the ocean (pretty much dead)...although i saw a few diving stores near the beach, it's not much.
- Christmas festive
It wont be much in the streets like Port Louis (capital city)..unless you like dark lit places than Singapore...and there are some shady places that you want to avoid there (drug addicts and prostitutes)..the rest of Mauritius is more urban than a city landscape...so i am sure celebration occurs more at local home.
- perhaps go for a short tour led by my colleagues (locals) and shoot some local stuff
not much of interesting local stuff there other than lots of sugar cane fields, seven coloured earth, tea plantations, dodo figurines and lots of indians who speaks english with heavy french accent, and 20%?? or 25%?? GST.

Hoever, i do like the island there as it is more laid back and have friendlier people there, clean streets, VERY FRESH AIR etc....but you wouldn't want to be stuck on a small island for too long, plus internet connection is slow/expensive.

I spent time there for about 1.5-2 weeks with the locals so i have pretty much go to most places the locals go to.. i think that visiting Bali, you get more value out of it than Mauritius,

Status
Not open for further replies.