Status
Not open for further replies.

SuRfTeC

Oct 17, 2003
Singapore, East
Visit site
Sorry that i have to post again...
Please advice me on the following

for those who has been using oly C750UZ...

a few doubts i wanna clear before getting this camera...i know there are some websites that has reviews on this cam, but i just wanna confirm some doubts from the real user here...

1) do all c750 owners encounter shaky lens because of the long zoom... is it normal or the build of the camera got problem...because if taking pictures with a shaky lens... the picture tends to turn out blur...

2) does anyone encounter noise problems when taking night shots even though noise reductions has been turn on...?
example at certain area which has less lightings or darker...

3) picture quality wise... is it good? does every picture taken need to be edited from PS a lot? slight photo editing is necessary but i guess if theres a lot to do.. it might not be good...

4) is it user friendly when changing from A/S/M mode... if wanna change aperture and shutter, is there a lot of button to press before i can get the right f stop or shutter? this is important if you wanna a capture a shot fast... if its too much pressing before getting the right exposure.. then its a bit slow and troublesome...

hope someone out there using this camera can help me by giving some advice... i pretty like the camera because of the long zoom lens... and the compact size...whatsmore the picture quality i saw on some reviews is perfect but i won't know whether the user done major PS editing before or not... just wanna clear these doubts before i get the camera...

thanks to all...

SuRfTeC said:
1) do all c750 owners encounter shaky lens because of the long zoom... is it normal or the build of the camera got problem...because if taking pictures with a shaky lens... the picture tends to turn out blur...

Shaky lens ? I thought it is your hands that shake which causes the blurred picture. Because it has a long zoom, shutter speed must be set higher in order to reduce the chances of picture blurring because of hand shakes.
if focal length is 200mm, best is keep to 1/200s or faster, i think.

Hi,
A user in another forum has a tip: Use the sports mode which will automatically assign a fast shutter speed. This should eliminate your blur pics. Use the rule of thumb as described earlier: The speed should be a recipocral of your lens eg at 300mm use shutter speed of at least 1/300 or faster.

Mike

megaweb said:

hi megaweb,

i have read your review on the c750 earlier before i post this thread...

i was amazed by the pictures you took for the sample gallery... they are very clear and crisp... noise level very minimal...
contrast also very good... those macro shots taken with the cam are fantastic...

but did you do any PS editing before the pictures turn out so nice?

as for the user controls... is it very tedious to change the aperture and shutter value?

thanks to all... :cool:

SuRfTeC said:
hi megaweb,

i have read your review on the c750 earlier before i post this thread...

i was amazed by the pictures you took for the sample gallery... they are very clear and crisp... noise level very minimal...
contrast also very good... those macro shots taken with the cam are fantastic...

but did you do any PS editing before the pictures turn out so nice?

as for the user controls... is it very tedious to change the aperture and shutter value?

thanks to all... :cool:

Those sample shots are straight from the camera. No additional process is done by any graphics editor. For control part , yes it is troublesome to change the camera mode due to it small size. I guess is the matter of use to it :)

thanks again megaweb, :)

im clear already... hope i can get those pictures like you have taken when i got my camera..:)

really like the review that you have done for c750... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

only part that i guess you have miss out is the user friendly part of the camera...

anyway, cheers for you megaweb...;)

Hi all,

I also considering the get this model as well, and the review my megaweb is great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , and I really like it :lovegrin: , may I know what the diff between c750 and c750uz :think: , aIs there any lastest model launching for the model ? :think:

Thanks JasonW

jasonw said:
Hi all,

I also considering the get this model as well, and the review my megaweb is great :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , and I really like it :lovegrin: , may I know what the diff between c750 and c750uz :think: , aIs there any lastest model launching for the model ? :think:

Thanks JasonW

C750 and C750UZ are actually the same model... just that most people just abbreviate the uz (ultra zoom).

SuRfTeC said:
thanks again megaweb, :)

im clear already... hope i can get those pictures like you have taken when i got my camera..:)

really like the review that you have done for c750... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

only part that i guess you have miss out is the user friendly part of the camera...

anyway, cheers for you megaweb...;)

actually, why not you go download the olympus c750 manual from the olympus website if you are concerned about the controls? I think you'll be able to figure out the complexity of the settings from there! :)

JeromeZ said:
actually, why not you go download the olympus c750 manual from the olympus website if you are concerned about the controls? I think you'll be able to figure out the complexity of the settings from there! :)

thanks jeromez...

i have got the c750 cam already... and i guess theres not so much problem to the camera... its a good camera...!

except for the A/S/M mode that have to go into the menus to to interchange...!

thanks for all the advise!!

cheers

Ya, the C-750 is really a good camera, at least to me.

There is a "short cut" function, which you could customize it with those functions that you use frequently. e.g., you could set one of the button to A/S/M, so that you just need to press two button to switch between the mode.

Also, there is a "my mode" function which could be used to store 3 of your favourate setting, which I find it to be very handy and useful.

Raymond

Status
Not open for further replies.