Matt/Glossy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackie

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
Is it better to develope the negative on matt or glossy paper?
what's the diff?

General consensus is that this is a personal preference kind of thing.

Some people prefer matt coz they say its not so obvious leaving finger prints and wont' stick to their album.

Some people prefer gloss for its shiny surface which they say make the colors look more brilliant.

Overall, I think u shd try both and see which one u prefer.

heard from someone that scans comes out better with glossy prints? personally, i think glossy looks great, but for someone like me who don't put photos into albums, there are many fingerprints on it after passing around for viewing.

Originally posted by reny
heard from someone that scans comes out better with glossy prints? personally, i think glossy looks great, but for someone like me who don't put photos into albums, there are many fingerprints on it after passing around for viewing.

the shop I went to only offers gloss for digital prints. SO no choice. For normal film development, I opt for matt.

is nice to view photos with gloss finish.......but if put into album,
it sticks.......don't put into album......finger prints problem......if laminate it....become matt....so back to square one.......;)

but in long run, which is better for storage? which is more long lasting??

personally, i prefer matt, ya. no finger-print:thumbsup:

heard from someone that scans comes out better with glossy prints?

??? And I heard from someone, Prismatic to be more exact, that it's better to scan photos matt.

Can someone clarify?

Originally posted by jesser
is nice to view photos with gloss finish.......but if put into album,
it sticks.......don't put into album......finger prints problem......if laminate it....become matt....so back to square one.......;)

got non-stick albums wad...

Status
Not open for further replies.