Matrix Reloaded SUCKS BIG TIME!!(troll warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

limhousen

Dec 13, 2002
Visit site
This sequel really sucks. Its a big joke and I would have been better off watching it on PIRATED VCD!!!

3 things that really sucked:
1) NEO can fly like superman. HA!
2) the dialogue tries too hard to project sophistication. It isn't.
3) what's with the Huang Fei Hong stance ALL THE TIME anyway?

What happened to the suspense and mystery that made the first episode such a great success?

Originally posted by cyke
http://forums.matrixfans.net/showthread.php?threadid=7539

Personally I think the movie had depth, but not everyone will appreciate it. :)

i agree. normally its the pple who doesnt understand it that thrashes it. perhaps pple should go and catch it for the 2nd time and they'll be able to understand more and appreciate it.

If watch the second time, he will probably complain why got werewolf one? :D

Originally posted by beluga
If watch the second time, he will probably complain why got werewolf one? :D

Not werewolf, he'll complain about the teletubbies fighting with Neo. :)

maybe u shd watch animatrix
n understand the storyline behind it
how close it relates to us

Err......I dun dispute that the storyline is good or that it has depth.

I just think they could have done it more elegantly like in the first episode. The mood from the original matrix wasn't retained at all. Subtlety, suspense, realisation.......

I felt they turned it into a superhero action flick with a lot of mambo jambo talk. Doesn't do the good storyline any justice.

woah..

(pun intended)

the first matrix? subtletly?

c;mon the wachow-whateveritisiduncare brothers want BANG. they are not exactly..the-i-want-chocobos-in-this-game-cuz-it's-a-tradition-for-the-past-10-years....and OF COURSE its' a superhero flick. what does "the ONE" sound like?

look, put it simply, their third sequel of Matrix is in the form of a video game. you play the game, you watch the 2-hour sequel in parts.

liketheyreallycareaboutstickingto"the rules"

it's their movie.
and my 2 cents..

Originally posted by limhousen
This sequel really sucks. Its a big joke and I would have been better off watching it on PIRATED VCD!!!

3 things that really sucked:
1) NEO can fly like superman. HA!
2) the dialogue tries too hard to project sophistication. It isn't.
3) what's with the Huang Fei Hong stance ALL THE TIME anyway?

What happened to the suspense and mystery that made the first episode such a great success?
u already know the answer before you ask it..you just want to understand why you choose that answer :bsmilie:

Actually the dialogue in the second episode addresses the following philosophical questions:

1. Is fate predestined? When you make a choice (or when you think you made a choice), are you sure you are making the choice? Or has the choice already been made?

2. Should we follow the heart or the mind when making decisions? E.g. If you have great power and you are presented with only two choices: to attempt to save your loved one (and there is a high percentage of failure) or to do what is right (e.g. choose to save mankind instead). What would you choose? (sidenote: Spiderman chose to follow his heart and save mary jane first.)

Looking back, the first episode addresses the question of:

Who am I? Am I real? How can I be sure that I am not dreaming? How can I be sure that I am not the subject of some mad scientist who took my brain, put it in a jar with nutrients, placed electrodes on me and was able to stimulate my brain and create all the experiences and senses (similar to the idea of the matrix).

Comments and exchange of ideas are warmly welcomed.

Originally posted by Fizzy
Actually the dialogue in the second episode addresses the following philosophical questions:

1. Is fate predestined? When you make a choice (or when you think you made a choice), are you sure you are making the choice? Or has the choice already been made?

2. Should we follow the heart or the mind when making decisions? E.g. If you have great power and you are presented with only two choices: to attempt to save your loved one (and there is a high percentage of failure) or to do what is right (e.g. choose to save mankind instead). What would you choose? (sidenote: Spiderman chose to follow his heart and save mary jane first.)

Looking back, the first episode addresses the question of:

Who am I? Am I real? How can I be sure that I am not dreaming? How can I be sure that I am not the subject of some mad scientist who took my brain, put it in a jar with nutrients, placed electrodes on me and was able to stimulate my brain and create all the experiences and senses (similar to the idea of the matrix).

Comments and exchange of ideas are warmly welcomed.

there you have it, it's not just slam-bam-thank-you-ma'am action. people do think about the philosophy behind the really extravagant action! :D

I thought it was rather nice with good dialogue.

Countary to what others claimed, it wasn't hard to follow at all. Maybe if you wasn't asleep, you could have heard it better, eg? ;)

Actually, in the first Matrix, it showed the part where there are many humans that was not rescued and still in the "coma-like" state plugged into the matrix.

I wonder why did the machines need the humans for? If they needed the humans then why launch an attack to kill them all in Zion?

If they all die, them no one reproduce, then no humans, then the machines have to fight among themselves?

Imagine if they (the machines) did succeed in killing ALL humans.

Then the machines will have to reproduce themselves (machines making machines), upgrading themselves (machines programming machines) and maintaining themselves (machines repair machines and machines powering or refuelling other machines)

Then the common "language" would not be English but binary.

Like what the Senator says, humans need machines but machines need the humans too.
After all the Matrix was designed by a human.
Unless the machine is capable of designing itself. (Matrix v1.0 designing and building Matrix v1.1...etc)

oh nono...the plot is...

the AI humans created got too smart, capture humans and plug them up into the systems to create electricity from our brains.(by inducing thoughts and emotions using the program)

so there are fields of humans producing electricity..

they are trying to kill the rest because they have enough humans, and being the smart AI they are, feel that the remainder humans are a threat....as well as the "anti virus" program aka Mr Smith is out to kill Neo....

and the AI along plugging in the humans up to the system, have created automated-human-reproduction in the mechanical fields to reproduce humans readily to replace those who has aged and has been liquified in a big vat of nutrients...

basically, in Physics terms, they use humans as electrical generating organisms, and very resource-efficient too. they feed the dead/liquified to the ones still alive and producing electiricity...

Originally posted by Winston
Actually, in the first Matrix, it showed the part where there are many humans that was not rescued and still in the "coma-like" state plugged into the matrix.

I wonder why did the machines need the humans for? If they needed the humans then why launch an attack to kill them all in Zion?

If they all die, them no one reproduce, then no humans, then the machines have to fight among themselves?

Imagine if they (the machines) did succeed in killing ALL humans.

Then the machines will have to reproduce themselves (machines making machines), upgrading themselves (machines programming machines) and maintaining themselves (machines repair machines and machines powering or refuelling other machines)

Then the common "language" would not be English but binary.

Like what the Senator says, humans need machines but machines need the humans too.
After all the Matrix was designed by a human.
Unless the machine is capable of designing itself. (Matrix v1.0 designing and building Matrix v1.1...etc)

Originally posted by GreenEggs_n_Ham
oh nono...the plot is...

the AI humans created got too smart, capture humans and plug them up into the systems to create electricity from our brains.(by inducing thoughts and emotions using the program)

so there are fields of humans producing electricity..

they are trying to kill the rest because they have enough humans, and being the smart AI they are, feel that the remainder humans are a threat....as well as the "anti virus" program aka Mr Smith is out to kill Neo....

and the AI along plugging in the humans up to the system, have created automated-human-reproduction in the mechanical fields to reproduce humans readily to replace those who has aged and has been liquified in a big vat of nutrients...

basically, in Physics terms, they use humans as electrical generating organisms, and very resource-efficient too. they feed the dead/liquified to the ones still alive and producing electiricity...

So basically the humans are generating electricity.

But the problem is humans have a limited life span. and unless the machines can make babies from the field of plugged humans.

By extracting something from the male and implanting in the female and then wait for 9 months and deliver the baby and then plug the baby into the matrix again to create a "childhood" for the new baby.
They won't last long.

And even if the machines did that. The machines will have to play doctor to the female human if there is anything wrong during prenancy in the real world not the "matrix world"

So the new baby survivies on... machines-induced milk? And the new baby has a fragile body and it can stand being drilled a hole in the brain to be plugged into the matrix world?

The whole thing is so weird that it seems like the machines are playing god!

From making babies to growing them and planning their childhood, school life, working life, marriage and even making love (pardon the langauge) are all thoughts from the Matrix, feeding into the minds of the human and it never actually happened?

So after the "human's world" got marriage have kids and the kids then grow up and marry and the cycle goes on and on" all the while the machines are storing the data on who's "related" to who and inputting the correct data into their minds.

So the accidents in the "human world", like car accident, wars...etc are all computer generated mishaps and never happened? Perhaps the harddisk crashed and the data of 2000 people are lost, so the Matrix created an mishap like earthquake to "answer" for the lost of 2000 people's livehood's data?

and the computer gets to decide who love who and who hates who and who's the president of u.s.a in the matrix world? (hmm... I would love to tinker with that..)

Goodness, makes you wonder

a) how many lifetime of programming will it take to program all aspect of the human life into codes? How beef tastes like, how pain feels like, how emotions like love, remorse, happy is like in codes..

b) How many lifetime of engineering to design machines that can feed humans, clean their shit and basically take care of them for ever.

c) How many lifetimes to make machines to support all the machines that you have just created in part (b) (not to mention, version upgrade, repair, re-build...etc)

d) and how many machines will have to be designed to support the machines who take care of machines in part (c).....and so on and on and on....

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.