Matresses

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the suggestions ... including guerilla SAF tactics! :bsmilie:

Went to a really HUGE mattress warehouse kinda place and tried over 20 mattresses!

Was really impressed with the one lady sales staff who took time to explain the different beds and such and never once apply any kind of hard sell or pressure sales.

Ended up taking 'PrinceBed' pocketed springs with a pretty thick topping of natural latex.

The bed is firm, but the topping makes it feel like a medium, so get really good spinal support while still have that soft, luxurious feeling! :lovegrin:

Best part is, unlike memory foam which gets very warm after awhile, the bed is naturally cool.

I use seahorse all the way. They got the "pillow top" spring matress queen size only less than $300. Cheap and good. :thumbsup:

has anyone used Seahorse memory mattress before? any comments?

Look like quite a few ppl compliment on the Seahorse Diamond mattress.

How much is the king size? where can i buy cheap?

Hi Bros & Sis, do you know where is the best deal in town to get Slumberland Orion mattress? I want to get a King size. Thanks a lot.

i have a bad back so my bed is customized to be rock hard..... with only a thin 3 inch thick king-sized futon matress on the top and buckwheat husk pillows ....... sleep like a baby everynight

Hi,

Mattress are not suitable for everyone though. Its all depend on your back. Some like it hard some like it soft. Tempur is pure memory foam which conform to your body. But before complaining if your memory foam is hard, do check if the room u sleeping is air-conditioned. Cold temp do make Memory Foam hard while normal temp make them soft. So lay down for a moment to let your body heat respond to the memory foam...reason why the memory foam respond to temp is due to the fact that the particle has an opening unlike normal foam and that opening is the reason why air has an effect on it.

Do know that Foam has two types, normal and hi-density. Normal foam last you abt 5yrs or so depending on your usage. While Hi-density cost higher and last you more than 6yrs also depend on usage.

As for singles & super singles, Pocketed spring is not highly recommend since this pocketed series are generally for couple usage. So Normal Bonnell Spring mattress can already do the job. This is just advise on how to save money. Coz Pocketed spring normally cost higher.

For Queen and King (Or american sizes), technically if couple doesnt like to disturb each other for reason of having affair where u creep slowly to ur mattress(LOL, just kidding) this is a mattress for you. Highly priced mattress like popular brand names that can go for 8-10k is actually using Bonnell Spring. Usually for these mattress, the cost of material is the factor.

Do know why some sellers input springs qty inside. Because every mattress has their own qty. The more the expensive its gonna be. and do take note of the diameter of the spring. I can say, not all salesman can tell you the size of the spring. Only to the ones that read the sales manual. hahaha. What u can know is, the more the spring uses, the smaller diameter it will be. The lesser ones uses larger diameter of the spring. Spring is also a factor. If your bed has a plank underneath, any diameter of spring can be used. If you bed has a SLATS instead of plank then better get the bigger springs since it can hold. You dont want your smaller mattress spring one day to suddenly come out of the frame. Though this only applies on the Queen and King and supersizes.

The external fabric is also a factor on the price. The nice softer feeling tends to cost higher. The stress free fabrics has a 1 lining between each other that so called gives out positive ion and replace the negative ion on your body. There are fabric which has harmless chemicals that prevent bed bugs. For dust mites, I think higher priced ones are true anti dust mites while those cheapos ones tend to shout anti dust mites but do you think maybe its just that "anti dust mite"tag only?

Ok, to choose a mattress for your back. When u see a mattress that u like be it cheapos or expensive ones, DONT always see and ask the seller this matttress good or not. Mattress is not about pricing or hearing seller telling your **** & Bull story. Mattress is for your health and well being and dun wanna go hospital every month to treat ur aching back. So take a stand and just lie down on that mattress(do take out the covers or anything that the shop covers the mattress) take your four fingers(except the thumb) on both hands and slide it gently underneath your waist(ur belt area). Those four finger shouldnt slide in all the way. It should be stuck half way or didnt managed to go in at all(thats why I said gently). Than THAT is the MATTRESS for you. If you fingers can go all the way in and meet each other, lo & behold! that mattress is your back killer. coz it doesnt gives you the comfort of your back to rest. Then if u managed to find that mattress for you, than u can worry abt the price. hahaha. Its more or like the mattress choose u and not u choose the mattress.

For any mattress that has double pillowtop or didnt have any or cheap ones (though expensive ones doesnt need to use this methods coz they are only 1 sides, unless its a double side), IF the mattress is NEW, do turn it(Turn left right up down) every 3 months to even the spring system. This is to prevent the spring from damaged. Its more or less letting ur spring knows ur weight and it will stabilized. After 1 year, then u can turn it 1 times a year or kiasu, every 6mths. This will prolong ur mattress life. Also to save money. Do take note that mattress warranty has like 5yrs,10yrs & 15yrs. But every year the amount from 1to1 exchange will change to only discounts and lastly 10%.

For those who choose pillowtops and wonder why there is a layer ontop of the mattress and called it pillowtop. Well, pillowtops are actually to control temp. When u sleep, ur body lets out heat. The heat will go down the mattress. The problem for Plywood or any hard surface that hold the mattress, this heat cannot escaped and therefore it will go up and disturb ur body temp making u restless. Pillowtops acts as a divider. When the heat went down and up again, the layer of the pillowtop will cut that heat from gg up. Therefore the cool sleeping sensation. Though this doesnt apply on people using SLATS as the mattress holder as heat will generally went down and never come up again. So Pillowtop is optional for those using SLATS. One thing to know, for those that never tossed the mattress for many evolutions and complain how come the lower side of the mattress is yellowish. Do take note that since u using plywood or hard surface to hold the mattress, your body heat went down there and create moisture(yup, ur sweat) and therefore the yellow stain.

As for yellow stain on top, well...thats more or less u know WHO has accidentally wet the bed. hahahahaha

Thats all for my knowledge.

Hi Bros & Sis, do you know where is the best deal in town to get Slumberland Orion mattress? I want to get a King size. Thanks a lot.

I think in Singapore the Orion series is called TempSmart 1200.
Try Absolute Bedding. I bought mine during the Furniture & Renovation show at Expo.

me using seahorse .. decent price vs qty

but whenever i drop by my neighbour's home. I must purposely sleep on his $3k 4 stars mattress. is just amazing

Hi,

Mattress are not suitable for everyone though. Its all depend on your back. Some like it hard some like it soft. Tempur is pure memory foam which conform to your body. But before complaining if your memory foam is hard, do check if the room u sleeping is air-conditioned. Cold temp do make Memory Foam hard while normal temp make them soft. So lay down for a moment to let your body heat respond to the memory foam...reason why the memory foam respond to temp is due to the fact that the particle has an opening unlike normal foam and that opening is the reason why air has an effect on it.

Do know that Foam has two types, normal and hi-density. Normal foam last you abt 5yrs or so depending on your usage. While Hi-density cost higher and last you more than 6yrs also depend on usage.

As for singles & super singles, Pocketed spring is not highly recommend since this pocketed series are generally for couple usage. So Normal Bonnell Spring mattress can already do the job. This is just advise on how to save money. Coz Pocketed spring normally cost higher.

For Queen and King (Or american sizes), technically if couple doesnt like to disturb each other for reason of having affair where u creep slowly to ur mattress(LOL, just kidding) this is a mattress for you. Highly priced mattress like popular brand names that can go for 8-10k is actually using Bonnell Spring. Usually for these mattress, the cost of material is the factor.

Do know why some sellers input springs qty inside. Because every mattress has their own qty. The more the expensive its gonna be. and do take note of the diameter of the spring. I can say, not all salesman can tell you the size of the spring. Only to the ones that read the sales manual. hahaha. What u can know is, the more the spring uses, the smaller diameter it will be. The lesser ones uses larger diameter of the spring. Spring is also a factor. If your bed has a plank underneath, any diameter of spring can be used. If you bed has a SLATS instead of plank then better get the bigger springs since it can hold. You dont want your smaller mattress spring one day to suddenly come out of the frame. Though this only applies on the Queen and King and supersizes.

The external fabric is also a factor on the price. The nice softer feeling tends to cost higher. The stress free fabrics has a 1 lining between each other that so called gives out positive ion and replace the negative ion on your body. There are fabric which has harmless chemicals that prevent bed bugs. For dust mites, I think higher priced ones are true anti dust mites while those cheapos ones tend to shout anti dust mites but do you think maybe its just that "anti dust mite"tag only?

Ok, to choose a mattress for your back. When u see a mattress that u like be it cheapos or expensive ones, DONT always see and ask the seller this matttress good or not. Mattress is not about pricing or hearing seller telling your **** & Bull story. Mattress is for your health and well being and dun wanna go hospital every month to treat ur aching back. So take a stand and just lie down on that mattress(do take out the covers or anything that the shop covers the mattress) take your four fingers(except the thumb) on both hands and slide it gently underneath your waist(ur belt area). Those four finger shouldnt slide in all the way. It should be stuck half way or didnt managed to go in at all(thats why I said gently). Than THAT is the MATTRESS for you. If you fingers can go all the way in and meet each other, lo & behold! that mattress is your back killer. coz it doesnt gives you the comfort of your back to rest. Then if u managed to find that mattress for you, than u can worry abt the price. hahaha. Its more or like the mattress choose u and not u choose the mattress.

For any mattress that has double pillowtop or didnt have any or cheap ones (though expensive ones doesnt need to use this methods coz they are only 1 sides, unless its a double side), IF the mattress is NEW, do turn it(Turn left right up down) every 3 months to even the spring system. This is to prevent the spring from damaged. Its more or less letting ur spring knows ur weight and it will stabilized. After 1 year, then u can turn it 1 times a year or kiasu, every 6mths. This will prolong ur mattress life. Also to save money. Do take note that mattress warranty has like 5yrs,10yrs & 15yrs. But every year the amount from 1to1 exchange will change to only discounts and lastly 10%.

For those who choose pillowtops and wonder why there is a layer ontop of the mattress and called it pillowtop. Well, pillowtops are actually to control temp. When u sleep, ur body lets out heat. The heat will go down the mattress. The problem for Plywood or any hard surface that hold the mattress, this heat cannot escaped and therefore it will go up and disturb ur body temp making u restless. Pillowtops acts as a divider. When the heat went down and up again, the layer of the pillowtop will cut that heat from gg up. Therefore the cool sleeping sensation. Though this doesnt apply on people using SLATS as the mattress holder as heat will generally went down and never come up again. So Pillowtop is optional for those using SLATS. One thing to know, for those that never tossed the mattress for many evolutions and complain how come the lower side of the mattress is yellowish. Do take note that since u using plywood or hard surface to hold the mattress, your body heat went down there and create moisture(yup, ur sweat) and therefore the yellow stain.

As for yellow stain on top, well...thats more or less u know WHO has accidentally wet the bed. hahahahaha

Thats all for my knowledge.

wow lthanks Ricsal !! That is great advise :thumbsup: