Matilda's House or Fort Canning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhiliang

Dec 20, 2006
Serangoon
Hi,

Would like to ask whether Matilda's House or Fort Canning would be a good place for enviromental portrait? Can a photoshoot with a model be organized at Matilda's House, because i read of previous posts or threads that the residents will actually chase you away plus of course the no tresspassing signs that are mentioned too.

Hi,

Would like to ask whether Matilda's House or Fort Canning would be a good place for enviromental portrait? Can a photoshoot with a model be organized at Matilda's House, because i read of previous posts or threads that the residents will actually chase you away plus of course the no tresspassing signs that are mentioned too.

wat resident in matilda's house?
ghosts liao.

fort canning is good. classic. :thumbsup:

Has anyone tried taking in schools before? Will we be chased away? For example the older ones like Chinese High School, where they have the clock tower and other buildings?

Have anyone tried railway tracks before? Yeah very good mention of toilets, or else cant even change.

Is it important to recce the area first before the shoot itself so as not to waste time on that day?

Also for fort canning hill, are there areas for indoor shoot in the case of wet weather?

Have anyone tried railway tracks before? Yeah very good mention of toilets, or else cant even change.

Is it important to recce the area first before the shoot itself so as not to waste time on that day?

Also for fort canning hill, are there areas for indoor shoot in the case of wet weather?
if you are a newbie, don't bother to try any new areas, cos you will waste alot of time to find where to shoot and what to shoot, even you do a recce before hand.

go fort canning park, there is a fort canning centre up the hill.

Fort Canning :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the replies....

Anyway, i did an enquiry of whether i can shoot in the museum itself. And the guy told me that, the rate is 250 an hour, plus we cant shoot in the gallery of course. So ex...:(

Best thing is go and recce the place yourself. If you're unsure and will be taking the model there before any recce, go for a safe place like Fort Canning. Safe, in all senses of the word. No legal hassles, issues of finding the place, dogs chasing after you, spirits following you (or the model) home, etc.

And schools? Highly unlikely they'll let you in. Most older buildings will be manned by security guards and they will be under strict orders not to let anyone in for any reason. Of course you can try to negotiate, but if the fella die-die say no, it'll cause a lotta hassle and embarassment for you.

matildah's hse where gt residents one! dun scare me leh ! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

got some stray dogs and occasional foreign workers there... that place. accessible by foot and 4WD vehicle. but remember, when it rains, u will have to take shelter there. u will not feel very good la i think.

my first time and 2nd time there still gives me the creeeps...

fort canning is good. gt shelter, got alot of nice shooting spots, got vending machine, can sit down and rest. very good la.. and got toilet also. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.