Material for Bounce Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdEvA

Sep 1, 2006
etanphotography.com
hey guys, i bought some cardboard like paper (white) from popular to make a bounce card.
But the result dont seem to be good.

What materials should i get?
Glossy white?

hey guys, i bought some cardboard like paper (white) from popular to make a bounce card.

Glossy white?

A PVC white card from Artfriend will do ad last longer.

I use white foam sheet from art friend. It's more flexible so can bend around the flash, forming a cup-shape. You may also want to check out http://abetterbouncecard.com/

hmm wads the black foam for? (in the "make a better bounce card")

its a more advanced version so that u can shoot above ppl's heads and use the side walls to bounce. but need to really know where the light is gona be, much more thought needed for it. recommend use the standard ABBC or the featherlight version, which i think is excellent and cheap!

This is great!! Going to DIY ABBC and featherlight version? Do I colour it with black marker?:think:
But y is there 2 version of featherlight? one with one black strap, the other with 3 straps.

A PVC white card from Artfriend will do ad last longer.

I use white foam sheet from art friend. It's more flexible so can bend around the flash, forming a cup-shape. You may also want to check out http://abetterbouncecard.com/

Thanks, will check out Artfriend.
Made my 1st card from that link too. but material not right. haha.
End up gluing a piece of printer paper on the card to make it more reflective.

Why not use a name card whose back completely white in color.... free, simple & you don't need to worry of it getting lost.

Where to find a better type of rubber band other than the red one?

Red band is not strong enough ro hold the card as sometime the card may be out of position.

Where to find a better type of rubber band other than the red one?

Red band is not strong enough ro hold the card as sometime the card may be out of position.

You can try to use those black elastic tubings where they insert inside bicycle tyres, just cut a portion out and stretch it by placing it over something for a few days. Should be tough enough to strap the bounce card over your flash using that tubing. Hope this helps

You can try to use those black elastic tubings where they insert inside bicycle tyres, just cut a portion out and stretch it by placing it over something for a few days. Should be tough enough to strap the bounce card over your flash using that tubing. Hope this helps

Thank you, u mean cut a small section of the tube rite? :think:

Glossy white?

Use a piece of photo paper will do. One side is glossy and the other is not. The glossy side will bounce the light. :)

This is great!! Going to DIY ABBC and featherlight version? Do I colour it with black marker?:think:
But y is there 2 version of featherlight? one with one black strap, the other with 3 straps.

I use the normal black tape, aka electrical tape to tape the centre portion with a black strip. I personally prefer the black tape in the centre because u won't get that direct flash look when u shoot people because the light comes from the sides, that's why it's called featherlight.

I tried shooting my dog with it and it doesn't give me that reflective eyes thingy compared to using a normal bounce card or normal flash. Then if u wan more range, u can flip it around and use the other side without any black tape.

I use the normal black tape, aka electrical tape to tape the centre portion with a black strip. I personally prefer the black tape in the centre because u won't get that direct flash look when u shoot people because the light comes from the sides, that's why it's called featherlight.

I tried shooting my dog with it and it doesn't give me that reflective eyes thingy compared to using a normal bounce card or normal flash. Then if u wan more range, u can flip it around and use the other side without any black tape.

So u taped 2 rows of tape on the bounce card? 1 will be quite thin right?:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.