Mata-mata needs some detective work

Edwin Francis

Mar 24, 2006
www.sgwriter.com
Hmmm .... so in a scene depicting the Hock Lee Bus Riots (1955), George Young's character is shooting with a Yashica Electro 35 from 1966, or more probably the 1973 hotshoe version. Did he meet Marty McFly or Prof Brown earlier? :bigeyes:

D51217DD9C37A363C4FE4B3845970.jpg

Not a big deal I guess, but since MediocreCorp kept broadcasting the trailers (over and over again *urghh*), and actors kept talking about authenticity...

You'd think that after spending so much on props and sets, they could at least have sprung for an old Contaflex or authentic 50s camera, even one that didn't work! (try Sungei Rd, chaps)

They probably thought viewers won't know the difference.

I wouldn't but that's cause I am oblivious

i only like to see the minah.

Judging by all the comments, CS folks are obviously not the suitable audience :bsmilie:

Dun know got this show..... documentary or what??

Why watch an inaccurate TV crime drama, when you can see the real thing (but at 3am).

Man's gash needs 37 stitches after Lavender Food Centre slashing | Singapore Seen

Lousy reporting on TV, as well online. After all the fuss, still no mention of the name of the culprit KTV. No names of the victims.
I have been to all 3 KTVs in Eminent Plaza. Just behave yourself and they will treat you respectfully.
Because of this case, the police will surely cancel the KTV operating licence. Owner has to close shop immediately.

why watch local crap? watch this !! very intensive, more actions than game of throne...

[video=youtube_share;qiZiiHtivs8]http://youtu.be/qiZiiHtivs8[/video]

Last edited:
Hmmm .... so in a scene depicting the Hock Lee Bus Riots (1955), George Young's character is shooting with a Yashica Electro 35 from 1966, or more probably the 1973 hotshoe version. Did he meet Marty McFly or Prof Brown earlier? :bigeyes:

Not a big deal I guess, but since MediocreCorp kept broadcasting the trailers (over and over again *urghh*), and actors kept talking about authenticity...

You'd think that after spending so much on props and sets, they could at least have sprung for an old Contaflex or authentic 50s camera, even one that didn't work! (try Sungei Rd, chaps)

Last yr mediacorp/raintree made a movie of sg in the 50's with the recreated old Great world City as the main on location shoot. In their movie poster it show one of them holding a canon DSLR with I think is a 580X.
The prop side must be thinking no need to prapre just borrow from the photograher.

Last yr mediacorp/raintree made a movie of sg in the 50's with the recreated old Great world City as the main on location shoot. In their movie poster it show one of them holding a canon DSLR with I think is a 580X.
The prop side must be thinking no need to prapre just borrow from the photograher.

Last year? it was 2010! http://www.downtowneast.com.sg/uploads/images/GGW-OB-Board.jpg

let's play Back to the Future!

GGW-OB-Board.jpg

Last edited:

Well, I really hope that was just the movie poster -- it would be absolutely dreadful if a character was actually portrayed using a DSLR!
At least for the Mata-mata goof, most viewers wouldn't know the diff.

Just saw the advert of this mata-mata. It says got many well known casts. I am looking through the frames trying to see if I recognize anyone. To my astonishment, I cannot name anyone.

I think I am no longer in touch with Mediacorp. After Fiona Xie left, my heart has left too. :)

nothing wrong with the character using a DSLR. The character was in present times, interviewing people about the past and the movie story is simply old folks remniscing good old times

Well, I really hope that was just the movie poster -- it would be absolutely dreadful if a character was actually portrayed using a DSLR!
At least for the Mata-mata goof, most viewers wouldn't know the diff.

nothing wrong with the character using a DSLR. The character was in present times, interviewing people about the past and the movie story is simply old folks remniscing good old times

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. But just feel don't fit in

At least a Rolleicord or Rolleiflex TLR should cover that 50s period geezus. Anyway they kept on showing trailers to promote
the show .Instead of 'Mata Mata' it should be 'Gashak Buta' :)