mastercard or Visa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
Wanna apply a credit card. Which one should I choose? Mastercard or Visa? I am from Malaysia, in Malaysia. Any recommended bank? What to consider when applying a credit card?

Thanks.

I personally prefer visa.
It seems that they have lower CC rates....
Or is it not? :D

Standard Chartered :thumbsup:

Visa Classic/Gold/Platinum :thumbsup:

For girls -> Espirit Card :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Email me@ lyndyyeo@hotmail.com for more info.

Standard Chartered Visa, Master is the best. SC is the only bank to allow online betting. Visa, UOB, Amex dont allow it because of MAS guidelines. But SC does not give a damn. They are also very professional and prompt. My friend just bet online. SC called up immediately to confirm that the payment was made by the authorised card holder. Now thats service! Amex is annoying. Citibank is better but still annoying.

If you want service, Citibank has my vote. But that's in SG, not sure of service level in MY. Maybank's Visa card in SG also interesting, no annual fee, just need to charge a certain no. of transaction (any amount!) in a year... very decent no. , not some obscene no. :)

..NuTs..

Originally posted by Kho King
Wanna apply a credit card. Which one should I choose? Mastercard or Visa? I am from Malaysia, in Malaysia. Any recommended bank? What to consider when applying a credit card?

Thanks.

seems like everyone prefer a Visa than a Mastercard. Thanks! I initially thought Mastercard is better...

Will check out Maybank, CityBank and Standard Charter. Initially want the Public Bank, as they have the offer of free ASTRO set in Malaysia.

get both MC & Visa and each from different banks.

Then you get the maximum benefits from them because
- separate credit limit
- sometimes they have different promotions

In SG I prefer citibank clear card, i love it's priority queue :cool: . Especially at lido, when the normal queue is 10 meters long :D

.... who wants to put bet on Kho getting some new gear soon ?

;) ;p

Thanks.

More important is, which card is more widely accepted in Malaysia. If you find stores more readily accept mastercard, go for mastercard and vice versa.

I don't think you would only use your credit facilities when you are on overseas, right?

Last but not least, do remember the pitfalls of having credit cards. Never spend what you do not have. ;)

Originally posted by maddog
Standard Chartered Visa, Master is the best. SC is the only bank to allow online betting. Visa, UOB, Amex dont allow it because of MAS guidelines. But SC does not give a damn. They are also very professional and prompt. My friend just bet online. SC called up immediately to confirm that the payment was made by the authorised card holder. Now thats service! Amex is annoying. Citibank is better but still annoying.

Online betting?

Originally posted by AdamGoi
Aiyah...get both lor!

Don't forget to get Diner's Club and Amex too!

Set! you setup an online betting booth, and let those SC cardholders come in to bet! :D

..NuTs..

Originally posted by Darren
.... who wants to put bet on Kho getting some new gear soon ?

;) ;p

seems like everyone prefer a Visa than a Mastercard. Thanks! I initially thought Mastercard is better...

Will check out Maybank, CityBank and Standard Charter. Initially want the Public Bank, as they have the offer of free ASTRO set in Malaysia.

I think most shops in Malaysia will accept Mastercard as vendors are charge less interest compared to Visa, AMex and Diners. From my personal experience, I have come across a few shops in some parts of Malaysia which only accept Mastercard.

I have tried Hong Kong Bank and MBF cards before in Malaysia, both are quite ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.