[Master Photographers Association] Guy Gowan 2 Day Seminar - Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

+MPA+

Mar 27, 2010
[Back by popular demand!]

45ae7c6e-4cd5-4333-905f-ec87aa736dc6_1_.jpg

Guy Gowan is the preeminent guru in the world of digital imaging, manipulations and work flow. He has a wealth of experience honed over 25years at the cutting edge of technology in the creative industry around the globe. Guy is valued by all the leading technology providers for his unique vision as an independent consultant, his skill and depth of knowledge embraces the full creative spectrum. As such, his seminars and workshops are always a sellout.

Guy is an accredited Adobe and Apple expert, the creator of a popular series of Photoshop tutorial DVDs which instead of merely selling preset Actions teach the user to create their own Actions and Droplets.

He offers a website-based programme to keep photographers up to date with techniques covering the entire Adobe Creative Suite range of products and more.

Guy's talks on the MPA exhibition stand at Focus on Imaging 2009 stopped the traffic - the entire aisle space was taken up by an audience which extended well beyond the seating area. He will be unveiling some new learning methods.

He's also recently received his Fellowship of the MPA for his outstanding tuition over the past three years.

So for those who are interested in retouching or manipulating images with flexibility, consistency, speed and most importantly, quality, this really is a programme not to be missed.

Venue : Sculpture square 155 middle road. Singapore 188977
Date : 5th & 6th April 2010 (Mon & Tues)
Time : 11am till 6pm
Price : SGD$250 for MPA members, Member referrals, Hasselblad User Group & Profoto User Group & SGD$290 for Non MPA members

For registration please contact: Ryan Wong @ 97660226

For those who are interested in joining as a member of MPA,
Here's the chance.

Colin Buck, chief executive of MPA.UK Hon FMPA will be joined by our regional Fellows of the MPA, for an initial induction and qualifications session.

All levels of qualifications will be judged on the day; candidates must bring 20 mounted examples of their current professional work, minimum size 10 x 8 inches maximum 20 x 16 inches.

The cost of membership including the Licentiate judging is £145. There is no need to notify MPA of your intention to join and submit for qualification, just turn up with your prints on the day. Members applying for higher qualifications of Associateship or Fellowship must prepare a panel of twenty 20 x 16 inch prints. A fee of $150 is payable.

for more information just log in www.thempa.co.uk

Here's a short review by Will Zyle who attended Guy Gowan's awesome seminars.

"Not wanting to sound like a commercial or someone on Guy's payroll...If you only go to one seminar this year - this is the one! As a photographer you will never look at your digital workflow in the same way again, if you are honest with yourself your workflow world will be turned upside down.

You will be challenged to change the way you look and work with your images - and the results will blow you away!

Guy is not pushing any products from the hardware or software majors therefore, what he presents is not biased by any means.There is so much to learn. It is exciting. Fundamentally I have not changed the way I edit my work since I changed to digital 9 years ago.There is a better and easier way and this is a great step in the right direction."

Will Zyle CPP, Commercial Photographer
ironwill photography

Highly encourage all those who wanna learn good Photoshop techniques and workflow to go. definately one of the most worth seminar cum workshop I know of in Singapore. See you guys there!:thumbsup:

Heard rave reviews about this workshop/seminar last year, but was unfortunately away from Singapore when Mr Gowan was here. Surely not gonna miss this encore session and I strongly encourage that none of you miss it too. See ya there!

Guy Gowan's workflow will blow you away!

I missed this! Would there be another one coming soon? And would it be on a weekend?

Thanks,
Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.