Master Conventions 2006 - Three 2 One (Nov 10 &11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

May 25, 2004
The Master Photographers Association of UK is holding an event not to be missed in Nov. Go to the website for details.

Friday 10th Nov & Sat 11th Nov

http://www.thempa.com/singapore/

Additional Information not found on the website:

Order of Events
Friday 10th Nov 2006

9.00-9.45am
Registration and Coffee​

9.45am
Intro to Speakers​

10.00am
Kevin Wilson - Wedding Photography​

12.00noon
Lunch​

1.30pm
Darron Hartas - Websites that Work​

3.00pm
Afternoon Tea​

3.30pm
Paul Cooper - Commercial Photography​

5.30-7.00pm
Qualification Judging - Print Critique​

SATURDAY 11th NOV 2006

9.30am
Registration and Coffee​

10.00am
Paul Cooper - Colour Management and Work flow​

11.15am
Comfort Break​

11.30am
Paul Cooper- Colour Management and Workflow​

12.45pm
Lunch​

2.00pm
Kevin Wilson - Portrait Photography​

3.30pm
Afternoon Tea​

4.00-5.30pm
Print Competition & Critique - Winners​

=====================================================================

Just a sample of Paul Cooper's work (as you can tell, I am a fan!) http://www.baileycooper.co.uk/flash.html

It's great, I urge you to come. The full cost is $198 for 2 days and $110 for one day.

BTW, I am not organising this, I am just a member passing on the good news and opportunity. The MPA is not as well known (in Singapore) as the Royal Photographic Society of UK but they are United Kingdom's only organisation for full time, qualified and professional photographers.

Cheers,
Grub

I made a mistake with the cost:

2 day Rate:Member $198
Non member $300

1 Day Pass
Member $110
Non member $175

Door rates 2 days
Members $225
Non members $325

Door Rates 1 Day
Members $125
Non Members $200

My apologies.

Priority given to MPA members in Singapore ..... limited places for public. :sweat:

Officially they will be in Singapore every 2 years to deliver seminar .. :)

KNIGHT ONG said:
Priority given to MPA members in Singapore ..... limited places for public. :sweat:

Officially they will be in Singapore every 2 years to deliver seminar .. :)

I think we are a little fortunate un Singapore, I think in UK it could be members only. Mermbership has some benefits. The UK seminar road shows are 5 to 1 - five speakers in one seminar. Most of them top names in their market area in UK.

Best hurry the last one had a max number of about 60 or 80 places.

There is a print competition as well - its standards is normally very high - bugger it should be its up agaist working pros and the judges are very well experienced and able working pros. Entered before in their earlier visits - sobering to find that my best is only good enough to get one of the 2 awards of excellence way way below the top 3. The rest of the winners were MPA members.

Yes, ellery is right. There are only a handful of members in Singapore and there is room for at least 100.

Cheers

Grub said:
Yes, ellery is right. There are only a handful of members in Singapore and there is room for at least 100.

Cheers

MPA membership doesnt come cheap ... 35pc per day and is close to 130 pounds per year .. :sweat:

Yes but it is a professional certification - you have to submit your photos for critique and then if you pass, then you are a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.