Mass Resize of Photos to JPEG format

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapper48

Mar 15, 2008
Joo Chiat Place
Hi

Can anyone assist?

I want to resize all my photos to a jpeg format size picture so that I can just use it to send out as email. Currently the pictures are relatively large (about 3~4Mb size), and I want to do it in one go, not to individually load one up and then save as into a compressed format. Please enlighten me how.....

Thank you all.

:sweat: :dunno:

Hi

Can anyone assist?

I want to resize all my photos to a jpeg format size picture so that I can just use it to send out as email. Currently the pictures are relatively large (about 3~4Mb size), and I want to do it in one go, not to individually load one up and then save as into a compressed format. Please enlighten me how.....

Thank you all.

I am currently using ACDSee to do mass resizing and renaming. It has a built-in function to resize both the photos resolutions as well as the JPEG compression rate. :D

Hi

You can try ImageMagick from www.imagemagick.org. Download and install it.
*** Make a copy of your photos in a separate directory e.g. c:\photos.
Then open a Command prompt and type in the following commands to resize to 50% of the original size. Or whatever % you want.
*** Make sure you run it on copies of your photos and not the originals.

c:\> cd \photos
c:\> mogrify -resize 50% *.jpg

Thank you all for the advice, will try them out.

Thank you all again

:) :heart:

I use Irfanview. It has a very simple batch conversion & renaming function. You can choose to 'resample' (instead of 'resize') the images which gives a smoother result. You can even apply slight sharpening to every resampled image during the auto-conversion stage. The software can be downloaded for free at www.irfanview.com :)

Hi,
If you are Nikon user, you should have got Picture Project with the camera. I use the export feature to do my resizing. Works quite well for me.

Hi,
If you're using photoshop, you can go to:
File >> Scripts >> Image Processor
1-1.gif

Then key in the maximum width and height dimensions you want for your photos:
2-1.gif

Hi

Can anyone assist?

Thank you all.

I just use nikon view and under "tools>copy and resize as jpeg". save in a separate folder and add "_web". Choose the size and resolution. Good for websites and emails. I even use it for raw formats, and use edit if neccessary

Hi All

Thank you all for all those wonderful suggestions, I will first try out the Nikon method since I am using that camera.

A Million thanks to all of you, you are all angels in getting this newbie on the right path.

:heart: :heart:
:thumbsup: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.