Mass Order Of Gp Batt N Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why those die-hards still going after the GP when they know how badly it performs...?

Originally posted by ultrazoom
Why those die-hards still going after the GP when they know how badly it performs...?

why do you say that it perform badly?

been using for quite awhile , very satisfied.
yes , some may say sanyo/other brands perform better , but that don't make GP sucks right?

and for the prices given , it even beat the price at mustafa.

just my 2 cents.
:)

I guess I still wouldn't want to take the risk to try it after having bad experiences with my GP 1600mAH some time back.

I guess I still wouldn't want to take the risk to try it after having bad experiences with my GP 1600mAH some time back.

you still haven't explain why it perform badly?

your bad experiences don't really say much here...it could be your charger problem , your storage problem or other handling problems , since many did have good experiences with it.

it's up to the individual anyway.since you said when they know how badly it performs , but actually i don' know , pls enlighten me.

thanks.

It's not really the brand problem. It's the particular battery. You might experience problem with previous GP 1300mAH battery, but not this GP 1800mAH battery.
Take for example the IBM GXP series. 60GXP works like a wonder, but later the 75GXP came out. What happen? High failure. People started anti-ing IBM? But now with the 120GXP from IBM, it's another wonder from IBM.

So, conclusion is, don't take the past generation battery as example of a brand's capability of producing good battery. :)

Maybe now what we can do is to wait for reply from Sanyo to confirm the 1850mAH battery.

due date for charger soon in HWZ :)

i had used both 1600 & 1800 GP ones. all i can say is, the 1600 ones seems to be a good deal than the 1800 ones, which does not really deliver the performance it promises. that said, i had also discovered that Sanyo 1600 Twincell ones seemed to perform better. however, it really depends on your needs. as for leaks, i had been using 08 nos. of GP 1600 ones for abt 8 mths now, no leaks detected. as for 1800 ones, been going for 4mths, still so so, but also no leaks. however, i might still go for Jap brand ones, as they seems to deliver the promises. i don't really go for the Sanyo 1850 ones as they are very rare in the market & they had been said to be 'remarked' from 1600 ones.

all in all, if price is yr main concern, then GP is the one. if its performance wise, then perhaps the Jap made ones might be better. i said 'might' as it depends on yr equipment & charger.

Originally posted by revenant
It's not really the brand problem. It's the particular battery. You might experience problem with previous GP 1300mAH battery, but not this GP 1800mAH battery.
Take for example the IBM GXP series. 60GXP works like a wonder, but later the 75GXP came out. What happen? High failure. People started anti-ing IBM? But now with the 120GXP from IBM, it's another wonder from IBM.

So, conclusion is, don't take the past generation battery as example of a brand's capability of producing good battery. :)

Maybe now what we can do is to wait for reply from Sanyo to confirm the 1850mAH battery.

i have no comments on the 1300 GP, but i disagree on yr IBM HDD point. if u had followed my story in my postings last yr at HWZ, IBM IDE HDDs does not really 'work like a wonder'. i own abt 05 nos. of so-called high performance HDDs, 7200rpms, 2MB cache, only to find them 'breaking up' in under 12mths of use. funny thing is, even their RMA replacements failed under 3mths of use. i had given up hope on them & sold them away. these were my own personal experiences. just hope that the guy who bought my 120GXP (which is a RMA replacement) does not encounter this.

Originally posted by TheZard

i have no comments on the 1300 GP, but i disagree on yr IBM HDD point. if u had followed my story in my postings last yr at HWZ, IBM IDE HDDs does not really 'work like a wonder'. i own abt 05 nos. of so-called high performance HDDs, 7200rpms, 2MB cache, only to find them 'breaking up' in under 12mths of use. funny thing is, even their RMA replacements failed under 3mths of use. i had given up hope on them & sold them away. these were my own personal experiences. just hope that the guy who bought my 120GXP (which is a RMA replacement) does not encounter this.

Ops, maybe I sohuld not use the phrase " works like a wonder ". What I really meant was at least the 20GXP are working far more better than the 75GXP :)

I've tried searching the specifications for the PowerBank Smart, but couldn't find what I want, not even from GP's site.

I'm just curious to find out the weight of this charger. Anyone can provide me with the information?

I've tried searching the specifications for the PowerBank Smart, but couldn't find what I want, not even from GP's site.

I'm just curious to find out the weight of this charger. Anyone can provide me with the information?

i still think the Sony fast charger is a better buy. why? coz it supports 100-240V, meaning, i can use it here & in other countries & compact. for GP, i just checked today, only 220-240V, + its pretty heavy & bulky. compared with the Sony, this one's a real monster! imagine letting it tag along with u in yr holidays! sure u can bring it overseas, but u need to buy another international power adapter. a combi fast/discharger/trickle charger supporting multi-voltage from Taiwan costs $36 behind 2nd level SLS, still can bargain somemore.

some info on the great battery shoot-outs:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM

i think can buy 2... buy the bulkier onez for normal use...
then buy a compact charger(may be timer based) for travel..

Anwywayz saw Sony 1750mA @ 13 for 2 (seems that it its made for their P series...)

i have last 2 set of smart charger at 69 each if u wanna consider :)

Originally posted by itanium
i think can buy 2... buy the bulkier onez for normal use...
then buy a compact charger(may be timer based) for travel..

Anwywayz saw Sony 1750mA @ 13 for 2 (seems that it its made for their P series...)

$13 might be overpriced a bit. my friend got them for abt $11.90. but i think still can go lower.

if u want the intel charger, can go SLS 2nd level, even SLT, for those OEM ones. they are like the GP, also made in China or S'pore. unless u want to bundle with 1800 batteries, OEMs are the real value for money. another plus point is that some of them c/w multi-voltage adapter, unlike the GP one.

deal is close thank all

Status
Not open for further replies.