Status
Not open for further replies.

manx

Jan 7, 2005
SG & HK
manx.dnip.net
I bought a Marumi UV Haze filter.

Is this good?

I've noticed that almost everyone here talks about Hoya.

Which are the better filters around?

+ It would be really nice if someone can write something about the usage and application of polariser and UV/IR filters or other filters.

Thanks!!

There are other well known brands like Tiffen, B+W and Heliopan.

Actually, no need to write. you can probably find a lot of usage of filters online. Both Hoya and B+W their website has some basic information, the rest of usage will be trial and error plus creativity using basic knowledge.

Thanks.

Do you know the website for Hoya? 'cos I have google it, and all I found was all sorts of crappy sites. Couldn't find the offical hoya site.

It would also be nice if you can recommend some key words to search for. I'm new in all these things.

Thank you very much. :)

Let me check:

B+W is here

Hoya is here

Go download the B+W PDF handbook here for more information. Certain filters are always a need to have in the bag, like Polariser, UV and Grad ND filter if you do landscape.

manx said:
I bought a Marumi UV Haze filter.

Is this good?

Hi manx, IMO, is it not too late to ask for opinion after buying the stuff without doing research?

Sorry if I offended you.

I think there are many things in life that we buy (on impulse) before doing the research. If we are to reserach on everything we buy, then where do we find the time to buy them? ;) Sometimes, buying the wrong thing and then learning that you have bought the wrong thing after that is part of the learning process.

Just talking crap... sleep liao. :rolleyes:

Buying is quite easy actually, just drive or take a bus down to the place, ask for the item and pay. Earning the money is harder. Researching for the item you want to buy is the hardest, coz opinions online or offline are bound to be subjective most of the time.

denniskee said:
Hi manx, IMO, is it not too late to ask for opinion after buying the stuff without doing research?

Sorry if I offended you.
Mine is just a piece of cheap stuff. Can afford to buy a better one now. So I asked lor.

Few ppl's first car is a latest european sports car right? We work our way up. Same applies lor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.