Mars - The Red Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

yokechye

Mar 27, 2006
Singapore, Singapore
yokechye.spaces.live.com
anyone read about it?

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August.

It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will ultimate on August 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles of Earth. Be sure to watch the sky on August 27, 12:30 am. It will look like The Earth has 2 Moons.

Don't Miss it..... The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

NOTE: Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it again

I thought someone shared earlier that it was a hoax? The actual event took place in 2003, some prankster decided to circulate it again :dunno:

Do a google search ...

yokechye said:

It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye.

Sure cannot beat this :devil:

The truth is that if Mars is to look as large as the Moon, then Earth and Mars would form binary planets and would fall out of current orbit.... then you can say good bye to our Sun liao. :sweat:

haha!! the moon is very fake! i wonder why people like to make the moon so big in a night scene... nice meh?:think:
I got a jigsaw puzzle of a new york city scene, there is this huge jupiter on the top left corner of the sky, makes the whole picture look awful:ipuke: but i still bought it because its more than 10,000 pieces of jigsaw puzzle. :bsmilie:

yokechye said:
haiz.... for a moment, i am so happy, for the next moment, i feel cheated :bsmilie:
i am so easily being cheated by hoax :cry:

cuz you didn't even check which year.

Mars is indeed closest ever to earth a couple of years ago.

yokechye said:
ya lo... so silly of me to missed out checking that

What I always do is that if a mail sounds too good to be true or if it sounds suspiciously like a hoax, I will do a hoax search on internet. Eg. if you type "Mars Hoax" in search engine, you will find a lot of info. Same goes for a lot of others. After a while, you develop a nose for smelling out these stuff without even having to do a search.

boogle said:
What I always do is that if a mail sounds too good to be true or if it sounds suspiciously like a hoax, I will do a hoax search on internet. Eg. if you type "Mars Hoax" in search engine, you will find a lot of info. Same goes for a lot of others. After a while, you develop a nose for smelling out these stuff without even having to do a search.
learnt a lesson. thks! :thumbsup:

eesh isnt tis thread a familiar topic again... :confused:

actually the mars appear last Friday immediately after the SFF. There is a big red moon appeared over the shears bridge for 5mins and went off. Did anyone saw it?

If I am not wrong and according to location that shall be mars but it was quickly block off by other planet.

blurrblurr said:
actually the mars appear last Friday immediately after the SFF. There is a big red moon appeared over the shears bridge for 5mins and went off. Did anyone saw it?

i took the shot..it was the moon..quite blur though at 1600 with a d70 kit lens... :sweat:

Edit:

Cropped:

Cropped Resized ( click for full view):

Status
Not open for further replies.