Mars - The Red Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
yokechye said:
anyone read about it?

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August.

It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will ultimate on August 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles of Earth. Be sure to watch the sky on August 27, 12:30 am. It will look like The Earth has 2 Moons.

Don't Miss it..... The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

NOTE: Share this with your friends as NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it again

what nonsense is that? as large as the full moon? bs.

It only takes a very basic understanding of the geography of planets and stars to know that this is obviously a trick.

Imagine this (if I'm not wrong)...
It takes the about 3 days for apollo to reach the moon...and it is estimated that it would take 6 months to reach Mars, if a journey is attempted. Examine the differences in the distance via time taken to travel from earth to the two places. So if Mars is as big as the full moon.....:bigeyes:

In fact, in the original e-mail (which is a hoax based on August 27th, 2003 Mars mania) -
"At a modest 75-power magnification Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye."
(RE: http://www.universetoday.com/2006/07/27/no-mars-wont-look-as-big-as-the-moon-in-august/ )

If you cut the sentence short, then it will become -
"Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye." :eek:

yokechye said:
haha!! the moon is very fake! i wonder why people like to make the moon so big in a night scene... nice meh?:think:
I got a jigsaw puzzle of a new york city scene, there is this huge jupiter on the top left corner of the sky, makes the whole picture look awful:ipuke: but i still bought it because its more than 10,000 pieces of jigsaw puzzle. :bsmilie:

haha truie true but have to say their PS skills quite good lah.

Status
Not open for further replies.