Marriott Vacation Club - Free Taka Vouchers for Real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most probably you'll have to go through 1-2 hours of pressure selling before you are given a miserable voucher.

By its by Marriott Hotel in away too...... :think:

By its by Marriott Hotel in away too...... :think:

There are just too many horror stories to trust any timeshare company. I had attended 1 timeshare talk a long time ago, when I just started working. They will just keep on harping about how great the timeshare concept is, and how great their resorts are. But when you really think about it, the timeslot you are given is actually quite miserable, and usually the resort are in some ulu ulu unknown places. Luckily I was quite penniless then, so they let me off quite easily. I know of people who was 'forced' to listen for more than 2 hours, despite repeated refusal to buy anything.

If the Taka voucher is attractive enough, then by all means go for the talk. Just be prepared to be peppered with sales talk for 2 hours. Always think with a clear head and logical mind, don't be easily swayed by their selling tactics. Just remember there is no free lunch in this world.

I personally would stay clear away from any sales staff for time share/lucky draws/surveys etc....

http://www.mrbrown.com/

listen to this chap making fun of time share tele-sales staff on Mr Brown

haha Shaguar

Hey I just called a call as well from Marriot. They kept reassuring me that they are not a timeshare or there is no catch whatsoever. They told me that this is a tie in with Citibank Credit card holders as well. They told me that there will be a showcase and gave me a time to be there. I am not sure how reliable these folks are but one sniff of sales pitch and I am off!! I will be attending this Sat's session at 10am. They told me that it is a 80 years celebration thinggy and they want to showcase the other Marriot Hotels.
I'm given a choice of 200 taka voucher or 2 days one night weekend stay at Ritz Carlton. Anyone with similar experience positive or negative please share so that I don't have to waste my time this Saturday if this thing turns out to be a bleddy sales pitch...

Hey I just called a call as well from Marriot. They kept reassuring me that they are not a timeshare or there is no catch whatsoever. They told me that this is a tie in with Citibank Credit card holders as well. They told me that there will be a showcase and gave me a time to be there. I am not sure how reliable these folks are but one sniff of sales pitch and I am off!! I will be attending this Sat's session at 10am. They told me that it is a 80 years celebration thinggy and they want to showcase the other Marriot Hotels.
I'm given a choice of 200 taka voucher or 2 days one night weekend stay at Ritz Carlton. Anyone with similar experience positive or negative please share so that I don't have to waste my time this Saturday if this thing turns out to be a bleddy sales pitch...

Actually I have heard from a customer that she never had prob with the timeshare scheme. It is the agent/broker who does hard selling as they have ridiculously high sales targets.

Do let us know how the program is

I actually attended this talk about two months back. There was no hard sale tactic involved and you are absolutely not forced to buy anything. Anyway, the $200 Taka voucher is for real. Moreover, parking is free as well. If you can spare 2 hours of your time, why not get attend the talk with an open mind and if you don't like, you still get to keep the Taka voucher.

I actually attended this talk about two months back. There was no hard sale tactic involved and you are absolutely not forced to buy anything. Anyway, the $200 Taka voucher is for real. Moreover, parking is free as well. If you can spare 2 hours of your time, why not get attend the talk with an open mind and if you don't like, you still get to keep the Taka voucher.

Thanks for the advice.

If it's too good to be true,

IT ISN'T TRUE!

:bsmilie: See how lar.. I will go and do a service to all ClubSnap members and report here after I go for the show. But the minute they try to hard sell, I'm going out with or without the bleddy vouchers.

It's true......I went to something like that by Sheraton b4 when I was in oversea just because of a discounted Disney World pass.....But you need 110% mental strength not to temp by their offer...think about it....they are running a business and if they can give you $200 just like, they must have the confident to recoup it back :lovegrin:

Real, you just need the time to listen to them talk.

And of course, like Kahuna said, don't get carried away and just put in the investment blindly - the sum invovled is quite huge if you ask me. Unless you have a lot of money to blow.

Marriot is a prestigious and renowned brand name, I doubt they'd have to resort to such tactics - so you can go with peace of mind I guess. I didn't go, but some of my friends went and they did have Taka vouchers, and they did say that it was quite a relaxed event. The sales pitch is more enticing than pressurising. =)

Have fun!

What I'm also concerned about is that they will keep bugging me by calling me after the event. Something I'm not too keen on either.

But it looks like there are a lot of positive comments made so I will go check it out.

As long as you DO NOT buy anything they try to sell you, then, you are ahead, as long as you feel the $ for the voucher fairly compensated you for the time spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.