Markins Q3T Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpioh

Jul 17, 2007
Woodlands
Understand some people are quite interested in this ball-head. I had taken some close-up pics and think it may be useful for those who may want a closer look. (Solely for Reference/Educational Purpose Only).

Top-view:
3213182590_485c2a5a63_o.jpg

Side-view:
3213182598_08e648e421_o.jpg

Pan-base:
3213182616_1ea7ec2731_o.jpg

Pan-Lock
3213182606_f40b9d2487_o.jpg

Ball-Dial
3213182622_0e34f4a22e_o.jpg

Clamp
3213182626_d23ab7b1aa_o.jpg

Clamp-screw
3213184326_68d2738376_o.jpg

Base
3213184330_9594532fb2_o.jpg

Thanks for the photos! I was playing around with one over at J3:16 a few weeks ago. Looks like a ballhead that could meet my needs very well (when I actually use the tripod..)

At TK, the Q3T costs $450 whereas the original Q3 is now lowered to $430.

I played with it at TK last week.

I also like Kangrinpoche. Cheaper and still meet my needs.

Need to decide between the two.

I believe the Markins Q3T is designed specially for tripods such as Gitzo 1541T where the legs can fold over the head. The Markins Q3 will leave a big gap with one leg sticking out unable to completely folded.

It will be good if you can show this feature in a photo so we know how tight the legs can be folded.

iirc, kangrinpoche has a damping effect when you set the ball head to portrait orientation, a safety feature which markin dont have.

What can I say, my smaller Markins Q3T overtook my M10 as my fav ballhead.

Ryan

Get the Kangrinpoche NB-3B with the flatter quick release, cos you will not have a knob poking your chin with those screw-in type.

Get the Kangrinpoche NB-3B with the flatter quick release, cos you will not have a knob poking your chin with those screw-in type.

How much does the Kangrinpoche NB-3B cost bro? How's the quality?

iirc, kangrinpoche has a damping effect when you set the ball head to portrait orientation, a safety feature which markin dont have.

Not sure if the damping effect you said is referring to the friction control. If so, Markins has it.

nope, it is not friction control. this is something usually found in $600+ ball head.

Are you then referring to the indexed friction control with the small set screw on the locking knob? The design looks similar to the Arca Swiss ball head.

Are you then referring to the indexed friction control with the small set screw on the locking knob? The design looks similar to the Arca Swiss ball head.

it will be easier if you go to OP, try both markins and kangpo, turn the clamp to portrait orientation.

I also own a Markins BH but is w/o the 'T'.

The different is the clamp screw is longer and P-base is a little big.
but overall is still perform the same.

Is really a very SOLID BH...!!!
Worth every single cents that you pay for it...

Now thinking of upgrading my tripod to GIZTO1541T or w/o the 'T'...

I actually post some pix of this BH...
please check it out here..

Markins Q3 w/o 'T'

Last edited:
I also own a Markins BH but is w/o the 'T'.

The different is the clamp screw is longer and P-base is a little big.
but overall is still perform the same.

Is really a very SOLID BH...!!!
Worth every single cents that you pay for it...

Now thinking of upgrading my tripod to GIZTO1541T or w/o the 'T'...

I actually post some pix of this BH...
please check it out here..

Markins Q3 w/o 'T'
Ah, u steal my thread... Just joking.

OK, I just realised it. The damping effect is cause by the rubber ring at the neck of the quick release plate

OK, I just realised it. The damping effect is cause by the rubber ring at the neck of the quick release plate

dont think the dampening effect is due to the rubber ring (i not sure about seeing the ring also:)).

from what i understand, it is due the the aspherical ball design, like the famous acra-swiss monoball.

get it from the horse's mouth, but you need to read chinese.

http://www.kangrinpoche.com/

http://www.kangrinpoche.com/list.asp?id=207

the 1st symbol (with the 54mm written below) on the left means aspherical ball design (in chinese).

Last edited:
I'm not here to argue about whose balls are better, but I'm so in LOVE with the SEKSI Swiss thang that looks like a geologers or mariner's antique measuring instrument! :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.