Markins ball head

Status
Not open for further replies.

ws_2004

Aug 18, 2004
hello ! could anyone advise me which should i get the markins Q3 or M10. thanks!
:dunno:

hello ! could anyone advise me which should i get the markins Q3 or M10. thanks!
:dunno:

What camera do you have?

One head holds 30kg the other 40kg; one costs about $500+ the other $600$. Unless you've got some seriously heavy gear, the Q3 should meet your needs. However, if you've got a camera that's bigger than the entry level DSLRs, they would look better on a M10, eventhough the Q3 would be enough to hold them.

_

Check out the Markins website for details:

http://www.markins.com/2.0/eng/ballheads.html

I would recommend the M10 in case you are thinking of buying a huge lens in the future. It wouldn't make sense if you buy a Q3 today then 1 yr later buy an M10. :)

both markins and photoclam are dam good ball head in this world!
compact, pretty, not expensive, but sturdy!

currently i am using F100 with mb 15, 70-200 lens and a 190prob.

currently i am using F100 with mb 15, 70-200 lens and a 190prob.

Either head will hold your camera together with its lens and other accessories. Only difference is that the M10 is larger and will look better with large lenses and/or cameras.

_

M10 looks better on a 190 Pro but if you are using something like a Gitzo 55T or similar than the Q3 fits like a glove. The M10 is slightly bigger and heavier but both should be able to hold what you described.

I would recommend to go with the M10, I am currently using the M10 with nikon's 70-200f2.8+TC. The ball size feels just right, any smaller and it's likely to feel pretty awkward.

As many hv mentioned, the M10 also gives u more leeway just in case u acquire larger lenses in future.

Uhhhh....BTW, you do have a tripod that can handle the load right? :think:

_

Status
Not open for further replies.