[MarkersNg] APWP 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe I should just stick to landscapes... But no harm trying I guess.

On a side note, I've recently started a Facebook page, you can view it by clicking here. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: ngzhengqin

13501041654_9ad2ab720f_h.jpg

:bsmilie: I have to say, this little monster beats my D5100 in many ways!

Thanks for dropping by anyway! :)

Pleasure is mine. LOL at #31 too. I always 提心吊胆 when I attempt such positioning..

Pleasure is mine. LOL at #31 too. I always 提心吊胆 when I attempt such positioning..

I did mount my tripod beside me, which I tied my camera to, then I tied a friend's tripod below my own and used a clamp to weigh the entire thing down :bsmilie:

Typically kiasu and kiasi :bsmilie:

#32 Fluvius Lucem

"Fluvius Lucem", literally meaning "River of Light" in Latin.

Having an entire day of rain, I expected skies to clear up by sunset, however to my disappointment, the skies were still obscured by clouds during sunset, but the blue hour was still pretty promising.

Clementi, Singapore.

Technical Information:
Since this was a composite image, I can't exactly provide all the settings, but it went like this -

3 frames HDR/DRI
1 frame for HDB lightings
2 frames for MRT light trails
1 frame for highlight recovery

The behind the scenes shot can be found in the image above :)

Fluvius Lucem by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

#33 Phantasmic Explosions

Just spending a Saturday hanging out in the area, and went on to shoot this done-to-death scene, as my previous rendition of this scene had quite a few errors.

One Fullerton, Singapore.

Technical Information:
4 frames HDR/DRI
11 frames stacked for lasers and spotlights

Phantasmic Explosions by MarcusNg_, on Flickr​

Last edited:
#33 Phantasmic Explosions Just spending a Saturday hanging out in the area, and went on to shoot this done-to-death scene, as my previous rendition of this scene had quite a few errors. One Fullerton, Singapore. Technical Information: 4 frames HDR/DRI 11 frames stacked for lasers and spotlights https://flic.kr/p/n3C2zKPhantasmic Explosions by MarcusNg_, on Flickr

Wow :) this is definitely something I can't do. Nice

Wow :) this is definitely something I can't do. Nice

Thank you :) your works are great as well.

Your works have fresh compositions and perspectives. I have to admit, a unique composition is something I sorely lack. :(

#34 Exposing for Shadows

Behind the scenes, taken with my Nexus 4. As of now this photo has amounted to 4GB in Photoshop and I'm still working on it :(

10260004_10201810238960505_2027446228228347298_n.jpg

Last edited:
#35 Behind the Scenes II

Another behind the scenes. Not rushing through the post processing of this because there's lots to learn through some of the techniques used

1980468_10201813874451390_2142786854025848185_o.jpg

#36 Temasek Alive!

Contrary to what is commonly to be the Economic Heart of Singapore, where people identify Singapore as an urban city-state with a bustling finance district, little is known about our bustling port, working 24/7 throughout the year and accounting for a most of our economic growth.

Through times, Singapore has always been a city with a bustling port, a regional trading hub, and this spirit has been kept alive since we were part of the Johor Sultanate up till today.

PSA, Singapore.

Temasek Alive!
by MarcusNg_, on Flickr​

Last edited:
Wow. Can't imagine that you already possess this passion, hard work and skills for photography at your age. :thumbsup: Just remember to study hard for this year too. haha.
Although I am almost zero in landscape photography, but have enjoyed following your APWP. #3, #4 are my favourites, #21 makes me wanna pick up learning landscape too. :)

Wow. Can't imagine that you already possess this passion, hard work and skills for photography at your age. :thumbsup: Just remember to study hard for this year too. haha.
Although I am almost zero in landscape photography, but have enjoyed following your APWP. #3, #4 are my favourites, #21 makes me wanna pick up learning landscape too. :)

Thank you for your kind words, really appreciate them :)

Not shooting for these 2 weeks, busy with a lot of other things... Closest I went to shooting was to head to Funan for a walk/poison trip, before heading back home, haha :(

Wow! Great effort! Totally loving the light trails! :)

Thanks for your kind words :)

Somehow I feel that photo is sorta lacking though, because I didn't anticipate that much a loss of the FOV when correcting the keystoning during post processing :(

Haven't been shooting for quite a while... Busy with a lot of work :(

#37 #Throwback

From Saturday. The one on the right belongs to a friend :)

10366313_10201963466751104_3124548169129158465_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.