Mark Dimo is in town again! Meetup on 6 June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Met Frank at Centrepoint when I had my lunch break and had the chance to hold the K-7. Awesome. . . Looks like I got poisoned . . . But now not enough funds to finance it.

a few pictures from me also...

Mark Dimo
IMGP7143.jpg

Pentax DA*16-50 on K-7
IMGP7134.jpg

Last edited:
Lawrance playing with the DA*60-250...
IMGP7137.jpg

This one shot using DA*60-250 wide open. 250mm, F/4, 1/40sec, iso 400.

Reading
IMGP7141.jpg

IMGP7137.jpg

See guys, K20 viewfinder is to small for me,tats why i need a magnifier..:bsmilie:
Goosh! my face look like "Bulldog" when taking picture..:angry:
btw nice take bro.

IMGP7137.jpg

See guys, K20 viewfinder is to small for me,tats why i need a magnifier..:bsmilie:
Goosh! my face look like "Bulldog" when taking picture..:angry:
btw nice take bro.

That because you were barking at the subject.:bsmilie:

hi guys!

it was great meeting up at borders. im anxious to see what pictures you will post. lets all meet up again soon when i return. if anyone is visiting manila during the month of july, i will be there for work/pleasure.

cheers!

mark d.

We too had a great meeting. We sat too long in the bistro that we smell like part of the kitchen.
Have a pleasant flight back.

Ben.

IMGP7137.jpg

This one shot using DA*60-250 wide open. 250mm, F/4, 1/40sec, iso 400.

Reading
IMGP7141.jpg
Wow! 1/40s at 250mm? SR is that good? I find most pics here underexposed.

pentax K20D metering is typically conservative.

Glad you guys had fun.

Very gracious of Mark to do this :)

My pics, proof of Mark's ownership of lenses.

His K-7 and 16-50 in my hands.
IMGP2217.jpg

Other of his lenses, inlcluding 60-250.
IMGP2225.jpg

Wow! 1/40s at 250mm? SR is that good? I find most pics here underexposed.

SR even better after the last firmware update.;) We are shooting in a tricky environment, all shots straight out from the camera, didn't do any pp, just resize and upload. :)

Feng Wei's K-7 from Emjay had 0.30 firmware while Mark's one had 0.37. Mark mentioned an uncoming high end waterproof compact. Below comments based on Feng Wei's one.

1) Changing of aperture through full range and contrast AF possible in movie mode before actual recording. No change/indication of shutter speed and ISO at anytime. During recording, exposure changes quite quickly when changing from pointing at window and indoors.

2) For composition adjust, I tried with 18-55 at widest. The image could move a maximum of 5-6mm horizontally (extreme left to right) and a slightly longer distance vertically. This distance is estimated from LCD, not actual sensor movement.

3) Mark describes the quite shutter as a "high grade" one from the manufacturer. During group photo with his camera before I left, some of us missed hearing the shutter/mirror sound from less than 2m away.

Last edited:
hi guys!

it was great meeting up at borders. im anxious to see what pictures you will post. lets all meet up again soon when i return. if anyone is visiting manila during the month of july, i will be there for work/pleasure.

cheers!

mark d.

Hi Mark,

What a great pleasure meeting you here in Singapore too :)

Haven't got chance to look at my photos yet, probably have to wait until Monday.

Cheers!

Frank

A great garthering with Pro Mark Dimo this morning at Bistro borders.
here are some humble shots to share with all Pentaxian.

Group photo.
IMGP0701.JPG

Thanks Lawrence for the photos. I got a few which are pretty nice too I think. I'll post them tomorrow :)

pentax K20D metering is typically conservative.

Glad you guys had fun.

Very gracious of Mark to do this :)
I see. I also typically up my k10d exposure by 2/3 to a full stop. Thanks.

I have to add that Mark Dimo is very handsome. Ha.

And the DA*60-250 looks alike a great lens, it'd be a great combo w/ the K-7 (better SR than previous models):

K7FW0517_s.jpg

EXIF:
Camera Make: PENTAX
Camera Model: PENTAX K-7
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 250.0mm (35mm equivalent: 375...
Exposure Time: 0.050 s (1/20)
Aperture: f/4.0
ISO Equiv.: 400
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: spot

Great pictures fengwei. :thumbsup:
Don't know if you tweaked your images but from the look of things, the K-7's WB looks much better than my K20D.

Great pictures fengwei. :thumbsup:
Don't know if you tweaked your images but from the look of things, the K-7's WB looks much better than my K20D.

The DA*60250 one cropped quite a bit, but no much other PP done. Had to add some EV to show our handsome Mark though :)

Pro's in action:

K7FW0568_s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.