Marius

Quite shocked to read about this. Not sure what has gotten into them. It would have been a lot more humane to have donated the giraffe to another place. I'm very sure they would have found a taker!

Quite shocked to read about this. Not sure what has gotten into them. It would have been a lot more humane to have donated the giraffe to another place. I'm very sure they would have found a taker!

There were many takers. A person even wanted to donate USD$700,000 to keep the animal alive. But they insisted on killing it.
The guy in charge wanted his 5 minutes of fame, citing scientific reasons to kill. Maybe the public/city authorities should have laid his ass on the line. i.e. if he kills the giraffe, then he will be immediately sacked. Then the idiot would suddenly come out with new scientific reasons why the giraffe must be kept alive.

Last edited:
There were many takers. A person even wanted to donate USD$700,000 to keep the animal alive. But they insisted on killing it.
The guy in charge wanted his 5 minutes of fame, citing scientific reasons to kill. Maybe the public/city authorities should have laid his ass on the line. i.e. if he kills the giraffe, then he will be immediately sacked. Then the idiot would suddenly come out with new scientific reasons why the giraffe must be kept alive.

I would not have expected this to happen in the modern world.. at least not in a fairly civilised European country.