Marina South steamboat - halal??

Status
Not open for further replies.

precious.jas

Jul 24, 2005
Anybody know if its halal???

yupz dun tink is halal...jus been there last wk...got pork...and the tongs used to take the food like mixing ard wif other types of meat also...

btw the one I been to is the one beside the arcade....

Any place in town to recommend that serves halal food? Nice place to gather and have dinner.

Banquet @ Raffles Hospital.
Magic Wok, Sakura @ Capitol.
Seoul Garden
Siam Kitchen
Opposite Bugis Junction (Liang Seah st?) got quite a number of middle-eastern/Chinese Halal restaurants/coffee shops.

In fact, that whole area up to Arab street got a lot of Halal food.

I only know "chong pang" of marina south is half halai... which means they split into 2 areas... one side is halai and the other side normal

Nowadays, there are a lot of Arabic restaurants near the Sultan Mosque, catering to the Arabs who are visiting/staying at the Raffles Hospital.

Amirah's grill has great halal western and arabic food.

http://www.amirahsgrill.com

HTH.

Great! Thanks guys, and gals.. Keep them coming. I cant decide yet. Its for next Sunday btw... Got 2 malay friends so need to be halal food. The rest are chinese who are ok to eat anything

Great! Thanks guys, and gals.. Keep them coming. I cant decide yet. Its for next Sunday btw... Got 2 malay friends so need to be halal food. The rest are chinese who are ok to eat anything

Why not get your malay friends to suggest...:p

If want cheap and good:

Far East Plaza & Lucky Plaza top floor got a lot of cheap eateries. Not so good for sitting at chatting, though. Purely eat-and-go.

For slightly more hip, try Esteler77 at the basement of Orchard Cineleisure. Very nice indo food. I totally like this place. Try the happy soda! :)

Other more "normal" places would include fast-food joints, Sanur indonesian rest, Swensens, Delifrance, Carona, etc. But those are a bit boring, lah. :p

Lastly, for a more exhaustive guide to Halal food, try Google "Halal food Singapore".

Correction. Malay does not equate Muslims as there are non Malay Muslims and there are Malays who are not Muslims.

Place in Town which is halal.

Breeks
Sakura taste better than Magic Wok in most dishes

Lucky Plaza - top floor - The best halal carrot cake so far.
Far East - Top floor - so many halal eateries

Hotels
One restaurant in Hyatt - cannot remember
Cafe Vienna in Crowne Plaza

You can download the whole list from Muis website
"www.muis.gov.sg"

The list will not include known hotel establishment cause they serve liquor

Status
Not open for further replies.