Marina Flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomethgWrong

Sep 4, 2009
Singapore

This is my first upload,No need to be gentle....

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?

In u can give me suggestion in all area,

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
I tried to take shadow
3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I used tripod,U can give any other suggestion
4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
Just took the nature.

4079919893_49f07e8bb5.jpg

i believe this is ur picture?
didn't appear with the post:think:

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
I tried to take shadow
do u mean reflections?
there appears to be slight over exposure on some lights

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I used tripod,U can give any other suggestion
i think the question's asking what made u want to take the picture

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
Just took the nature.
????

all in all it's a decent picture, but be careful of the composition.
pple usually try to avoid placing the horizon in the middle.
be careful of the exposure too.
i also feel there's too much space top and bottom of the picture

my first impression is the horizon is tilted. But on a closer look, the horizon is actaully alright but its the float/barriers spread slight diagonally across the picture thats causing the whole pic looks as if its tilted. Not much you can do about it, except maybe find another angle to take the shot.

A tighter crop into a more paranomic shot would be better. Agree with nysheng, currently a bit too much empty spaces at the top and the bottom.

my first impression is the horizon is tilted. But on a closer look, the horizon is actaully alright but its the float/barriers spread slight diagonally across the picture thats causing the whole pic looks as if its tilted. Not much you can do about it, except maybe find another angle to take the shot.

A tighter crop into a more paranomic shot would be better. Agree with nysheng, currently a bit too much empty spaces at the top and the bottom.

I do find that the tilt is fairly obvious, not judging from the horizon, but from the buildings. I believe it is out by about 1 degree clockwise.

looks like a very calm night.

i like the picture, save for the tilt, and that silly thing in the water running through it. nothing much to be done, but i think it's definitely worth a cloning try.

The tilt ruined it for me.

My suggestion for you is to make sure there is not tilt in your framing before you take the picture. And if you found some after, fix the tilt in your post processing.

And go easy on the contrast.

Last edited:
Hmm, i felt that the title of 'Marina' seems more appropriate than 'Marina Flyer'. The flyer looks like it is just a part of the landscape, not the focus.

nice, but the reflections of lights are too strong for me.

Found some " dots " between Gateway Tower East and Park Royal Hotel, not sure what is that. Or may be it's something wrong with my computer.

Last edited:
cabbySHE said:
Found some " dots " between Gateway Tower East and Park Royal Hotel, not sure what is that. Or may be it's something wrong with my computer.

The dots are rather strange. I can't figure out what they are. Nothing wrong with your computer! :)

daredevil123 said:
Why have to die die keep the entire reflection in? :think:

I do think that the reflections should be included in entirety, otherwise the photo can look weird. It all depends on the situation, and also personal preference I guess.

I don't like the tilt.
Why has the TS gone MIA after asking for critique?

Maybe this is not his/her picture ?

If not placing the horizon in the middle, wouldn't the reflection be "cropped off"?

well..in this case...u can try to emphasise it. make it less obvious by having less space top and bottom..

or like what daredevil said...u dun have to keep the entire reflection..

best is to experiment and see what u like.

haha..i realised i sound like i'm talking to the TS when actually i'm talking to the rest??
where's the TS??

How come the gateway there got dot dots looks like !!!!?

How come the gateway there got dot dots looks like !!!!?

Could it be signal light from the passing plane, but unlikely, the height is too low, and I think no commercial flight is /are to be scheduled to fly over city area. Correct me if I'm wrong.

apart from the tilt

i like it.

i would actually crop it down to 16:9 or 16:8. or keep more sky than water.

Status
Not open for further replies.