Marina Bay Water Front

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfmoon

Feb 26, 2005
Hougang, Singapore.
Happen to be shooting for NDP rehearsal... and have this shot....

I want to capture those lights that is lighting up the sky, and the pictures to show that the lights and rays...... yet, a calming nightscape ....

Using a 24mm on a 400D. ISO 800 with tripod.

_MG_0189.jpg

Sorry, new to digital and not sure how to resize image....

Thank you for viewing and condemning!!! lol.... ;)

the shot is great. especially the light works @ the new stadium.
erm... i think the shot would turn out pretty nice after you "photoshop" it

Your tripod does not appear very stable.

You should set smaller aperture such as F9 & above and give a longer exposure to make your photo looks sharper. As for the ISO 100 or 200 should be good enough. BTW, what tripod are you using?

You should set smaller aperture such as F9 & above and give a longer exposure to make your photo looks sharper. As for the ISO 100 or 200 should be good enough. BTW, what tripod are you using?

ditto.

and yea ur tripod seems to be shaking.

There was strong wind, and I think my tripod is too lightweight. Slik U6600 if I am not wrong...... I tried longer exposure and it was worse.... maybe should have used 35mmF2??

Dear Critic

Beside the sharpness of the picture, how was the composition, color, lighting etc???

Thank you all for your valuable comments and insight....:)

Dear Critic

Beside the sharpness of the picture, how was the composition, color, lighting etc???

It was too centred, at least for me. I would either go for more water or more sky. Else I'd crop both out and make it a pano shot.

Why are you using ISO800 if you have a tripod?

Your composition is 50-50.

Also, no focus.

Dear Critic

Quite unique selections of iso.. u shud get down to 100! use like 10sec exposure time and smallest aperture available. 24mm is good but better if can get to 18mm. it looks blur. out of focus? set it to infinity, wun be wrong. I think is more of off focus blur then camera shake blur...

I've check the photo and these are the 'stats': F/2.8. 1/3 sec exposure, ISO 400(altho he said iso800, but properties said so), -1 exposure compensation.

Blur due to F/2.8. Aperture not small enough to get the image sharp.

There was strong wind, and I think my tripod is too lightweight. Slik U6600 if I am not wrong...... I tried longer exposure and it was worse.... maybe should have used 35mmF2??

If your tripod is not able to be stable enough for a long exposure, change it. Get one which can last in strong winds and be able to work for you in long exposure shots.

A fast lens will not help in scenery shots as you need DOF for such pictures. Go down to ISO 100 or 200 and stop down the aperture to f8 or smaller.

If your tripod is not able to be stable enough for a long exposure, change it. Get one which can last in strong winds and be able to work for you in long exposure shots.

A fast lens will not help in scenery shots as you need DOF for such pictures. Go down to ISO 100 or 200 and stop down the aperture to f8 or smaller.

I notice blur shots with longer exposure, so that why I go down with a lower aperature.....

Notice my mistake, and will try to make a better shot next time.... :)

Quite unique selections of iso.. u shud get down to 100! use like 10sec exposure time and smallest aperture available. 24mm is good but better if can get to 18mm. it looks blur. out of focus? set it to infinity, wun be wrong. I think is more of off focus blur then camera shake blur...

I've check the photo and these are the 'stats': F/2.8. 1/3 sec exposure, ISO 400(altho he said iso800, but properties said so), -1 exposure compensation.

Blur due to F/2.8. Aperture not small enough to get the image sharp.

How do you check the picture setting?? Maybe I remembered wrongly... Thanks for highlighting..... I could not get clearer shot at higher expposure time... sad..... :(

How about this one??

I sharpen this image and crop it..... I went through and found this one much sharper... also, please advice on how to add water mark.

Thank you.

_MG_0183EDIT.jpg

Definitely a lot better in terms of sharpness.

Composition wise the paranomic crop does help, but if you intend to focus on the lights into the sky perhaps the position could be shifted slightly. This view is pretty cliched, so there is not really much to comment on, I guess.

Yup. Better now. But it's still a 0.6 sec on f2.8 aperture and ISO 400 image, so there's still more room to improve on. ;)

Yup. Better now. But it's still a 0.6 sec on f2.8 aperture and ISO 400 image, so there's still more room to improve on. ;)

Need a better tripod I suppose.....

How heavy will the tripod be to be stable in strong wind condition???

I really do not know if a 3 way pan is better of a ball head.... :think:

I am eyeing on the slik 500Pro.... weigh 2.4kg......

Status
Not open for further replies.