Marina Bay Sands - Tripod

takepo

Aug 13, 2009
Hi all,

I'm planning to go up there. Is it easy to get tickets or are tickets usually sold out? Another question is am I allowed to bring my tripod up there?

Thanks

tickets are usually available but need to queue.

You can bring tripods up there but you cant set it up as it will obstruct others.

ok noted, thanks for the reply.

Hi all,

I'm planning to go up there. Is it easy to get tickets or are tickets usually sold out? Another question is am I allowed to bring my tripod up there?

Thanks

dont think tickets are an issue.

as far as tripods are concerned, i have seen a lot of mixed replies on this. some say can, some say cannot. looks like the management is inconsistent, perhaps teething issues at the start.

in any case, if tripods are not allowed, i don't see any reason to go. :bsmilie:

I just checked out Sky Park website. Under prohibited items, there's one part where it says "professional photographic equipment". Now I'm wondering if this includes DSLRs :dunno:

You can bring, and you can use it -- until a staff asks you to do otherwise. ;) I hope by then you've had taken your shot. :)

:Later,

Dslr no problem.
For tripods, daytime i went up, they say cannot.
Night time i went up again they allow.
Just hope u kana staff on good mood who close 1 eye to let in your tripod.

You can bring, and you can use it -- until a staff asks you to do otherwise. ;) I hope by then you've had taken your shot. :)

dun spoil it for others. later too many ppl test water until all tripods not allowed in a strict sense.

dun spoil it for others. later too many ppl test water until all tripods not allowed in a strict sense.

fr observations, if u're not causing an obstruction, the staff are willing to use their discretion and follow the spirit of the rule(which is more than u can say for SO's in some other buildings).
it'll help if u go on less crowded days where there's not much ppl for u to obstruct..

do be pleasant and cooperate with them regardless..
and standby a table/gorilla-pod..

I was up there on the 19th this month, its was a sunday. I was there with my backpack containing a camera, lenses and tripod strapped on the outside. The tickets cost $20 and doesn't seem to be running out fast. Was kinda worried initially about the "No tripods" sign place near the ticket counter and list of regulations which includes "No professional photographic equipment". However, I did not encounter any queries or resistence when I purchased the tickets and proceeded up the building. On viewing gallery, I've seen tourist setting up tripods for self portraits, group shots and the scenery. Security officers were walking around but no one was stopped for using a tripod. This was my experience but yours may differ. :)

I just call skypark office, they mention tripod/monopod are not allow.
That mean no point visitting at night :dunno:

can la.. take 20 million and gamble at Sands, become VIP they sure close the whole sky park and let you alone..

... On viewing gallery, I've seen tourist setting up tripods for self portraits, group shots and the scenery. Security officers were walking around but no one was stopped for using a tripod. This was my experience but yours may differ. :)
Yup. That's what I was saying in my earlier post. Depends on your "luck".

I stayed there for a night and managed to take some pics using a tripod before getting "waved off" the day after (can refer to my thread and pics here)

Last edited:
a fren of mine just went up recently with a tripod
seems to have no issues..
maybe depends on whether there are crowded visitors on that day?

did he deploy or just "bring" the tripod up?

i think he deployed when there weren't any hotel staff nearby
in fact i went up yesterday, and saw many photographers, some with tripods, but no one deploying..

Just come back from MBS skypark.

Start to set up tripod, told not allow, but away from him, ok, haha!

Half way, another waiter told me not allow.

Went to one area, quite empty with ppl. I set up tripod, with almost no space to move out, was told tripod not allow. Reason, scare kids run n knock it down. (dont make sense)

Check with another security. He suggested that customer should write in abt the tripod issue. I think he is correct. Although I went up FOC, i pity those who paid $20 and not allow to use tripod. (esp alone)

I think the rules are stupid. We, photographers, die die take care of our equipment more than the people with/around us. Thinking of writing to the paper and ask for a explanantion. Esp those media ppl are allow with tripod during NDP. :angry:

Really spoilt my mood on photography on skypark. I was so happy taking photos on ground but not on the skypark. If tripod so easy to fall, should it be ban on all places? :bsmilie: