[mardellion] Possibly Scapes

mardellion

Feb 5, 2014
Singapore
2014: Possibly Scapes

After lurking around for quite sometime prior to this account, I shall take the leap and start my own landscape section.

I am relatively new to the photography industry, and I am serving my NS now.
It's a little bit of struggle to find time to shoot nowadays. Nevertheless, I hope my journey in sharing here (old and new pictures) will result in a fruitful one,
and comments are more than welcome (especially about composition. I seem to struggle with this aspect)!

Since I'm also new to this forum, I think I should do a simple introduction of myself. I started photography about 4 years ago, but never really got serious until end of 2012. I first picked up a camera in ITE where I studied videography, then had this 'dream' of entering a specific polytechnic under a specific lecturer when I saw his face in a magazine. I worked really hard towards this and it was a dream come true. Prior to that, while studying videography in ITE, I self-learnt the basics of photography. I didn't do much landscapes in school, because there just wasn't a module. Did tons of lighting stuffs, but I still love landscapes after I saw David Noton's work in Practical Photography a few years back. He was my very first inspiration.

Enough of me, haha. I shall start with something I shot last year end...

Last edited:
Reactions: wonglp

That's all for now. Got to start doing other stuffs first!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Wow. I love #5.
The treatment and the colours are a great choice.

The sharpness from front to end is great.
How did you achieve that? Focus stacking?

Photo # 001 is captivating. The Foreground compliments and adds to the story of the usual milkyway shots at Bromo :thumbsup:

Wow. I love #5.
The treatment and the colours are a great choice.

The sharpness from front to end is great.
How did you achieve that? Focus stacking?

Hi Norman, thank you! Nope, I merely shot in a very small aperture.

Photo # 001 is captivating. The Foreground compliments and adds to the story of the usual milkyway shots at Bromo :thumbsup:

Thank you Luminare. It was a really darn lucky shot as I was hiking up to capture the setting of milky way, which, in the end, I didn't cos of this.

Keep the shoots going. Very refreshing takes.

Something more recent to share. i Light.

Really nice pictures! #2 is just awesome!

Wow. This is another great picture. The sun is drawing attention with waves gives a feeling of involvement as I look at it. Looking forward to your next post.

Wow. This is another great picture. The sun is drawing attention with waves gives a feeling of involvement as I look at it. Looking forward to your next post.

Thank you :)