Manual or Auto Focus??

Manual focus or Auto focus?


Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2007
127
0
0
33
Singapore
#1
Hi bros...

Just wonder what do you guys normally shoot your picture using..
Using Manual Focus or Auto Focus?

I use to use auto focus all the time.
But switch to manual focus now as the auto focus sometimes focus on the wrong point..

Can let me know the reason, pros and cons of why you guys prefer using the choice of yours?

Thanks!!!!:lovegrin:
 

diver-hloc

Moderator
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
5,212
13
38
Somewhere North
#2
I use both..... 50-50 for me. There are times that the AF just doesn't work as well.... no choice but to us MF. :)
 

ceecookie

Deregistered
May 22, 2007
364
0
0
27
#5
Its very hard for me to shoot in MF at a fast speed.VF is too small to see if the picture is damn sharp anot,only generally sharp.I have to review and zoom in the LCD screen in order to know if its very sharp anot.
 

giantcanopy

Senior Member
Feb 11, 2007
6,232
2
0
SG
#6
Almost always manual for macro
Almost always AF the rest of the time

Not counting .. manual lenses ..

Ryan
 

dw2chan

New Member
Jul 2, 2007
197
0
0
#8
there's no way i can AF as accurately and as quickly as my camera's AF system. so i'm using that 90% of the time. the other 10% is in low light situations or in macro shooting where i usually then rely on DOF to get me a sharp image.
 

Love_sky

New Member
Dec 8, 2005
825
0
0
East area
#9
Marco = Manual

Usually use AF for my photo if movement is not the cause .. i will use manual
 

zac08

Senior Member
Feb 21, 2005
11,755
0
0
East
#12
AF all the way... even for macro shooting. I use AF-C and it gets on target most of the time. I use MF only in situations where the lighting is marginal or the difference in contrast is not enough for my AF module to catch on.
 

htthach

New Member
Feb 26, 2006
1,070
0
0
dover
#13
MF for macro and pitch dark condition
I tried to do MF with live view from a 1DIII of a friend, the feeling is nice haha expecially when you zoom 10x, you will get very accurate focus.
 

photobum

Deregistered
Apr 17, 2005
3,068
0
0
51
#15
For me it is:

Manual focus for sports, macro, still portraits, architectures, landscapes (including travel) and products.
Auto focus for kids party, events and weddings.
 

Nov 25, 2007
11
0
0
#17
I still barely know how to use my s5is' manual focus :\
 

Dream Merchant

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
9,660
6
38
#18
Now, full manual with a split-image screen except for one semi-UWA zoom. Might have to go back to mostly AF later though. All depends on what I'm shooting.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.