Manual for Sunpak 622

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimman

Aug 27, 2004
bought a 2nd hand Sunpak 622. That thing is humongous.
However, it's not going to be auto, so need to know how to use it in manual mode.
I've a rf transmitter and receiver, so it's not attached to my E1 camera directly, except through the wireless Tx/Rx.
Any recommendations on the literature on how to use the Sunapak in manual mode ? or maybe some online manual will do. I hate to do trial and error with the camera's aperture to get it right. While I can accept that it's not going to be point and shoot, I expect to get the right exposure on the second try, without fiddling through the many combinations of aperture and shutter settings.

my only regret is not buying the infra red flash option with this flash. Think of the opportunities in Marine Parade in the deep night when the cars are rocking. I've also got a good telephoto lens. :angel:

how powerful is this thing anyways ? how far does it go ?
came with bare bulb, diffuser, telephoto and normal flash options. What does the bare bulb do ? in what situations does the bare bulb comes in handy ? recycle time is very fast compared to my Olympus FL36. Also has a Lumiquest Midi Bounce to go with it.

so how do I use this bazooka ?:dunno:

bought a 2nd hand Sunpak 622. That thing is humongous.
However, it's not going to be auto, so need to know how to use it in manual mode.

It is an automatic flash.

Any recommendations on the literature on how to use the Sunapak in manual mode ? or maybe some online manual will do.

I did a Google search for "sunpak 622 manual". The very first hit had scanned versions of both user and service manuals. I bet this approach would also work for you.

It is an automatic flash.

I did a Google search for "sunpak 622 manual". The very first hit had scanned versions of both user and service manuals. I bet this approach would also work for you.

I know it is an automatic flash. However, since I'm using a master/slave configuration, I would not be able to take advantage of the automatic feature. Anyway, the trigger voltage will kill my camera. So have to do it via the manual way, which is fine with me if I know how.

Did the Google search and was only able to come up with the service manual, no user manual. Thus need help for setting flash in manual mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.