Manual Focusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

w.s.y

Nov 14, 2005
Hi,

I just started photography not long ago, and i'm using a manual camara. So i'm here requesting for advise on how to improve my speed of focusing? any technics, methods? :)

Practice. Practice. Practice.
Learn to anticipate where your subject will be. This will help to reduce the amount of (lens) turning.

thomas_lkt said:
Practice. Practice. Practice.
Learn to anticipate where your subject will be. This will help to reduce the amount of (lens) turning.
Yes, anticipate, practise. You can preset the focus distance, and use DOF to increase the chance of getting your photos sharp all the way through.

Practise what they taught you in the army about how to estimate distance of a target, set it to that on your lens before you even bring it up to your eye, so it will be faster.

Learning zone focus will also help you shoot faster than people with autofocus cameras.

must get use to the clockwise turn or anti clockwise turn. Different brand have different orenation. Canon Lense are clockwise for further and anticlockwise for nearrer object. Sigma Lens are the oposite.

Shoot more and soon it will be so natural you will be focusing like "AF".

ooo.... ok... thx for the advise guys... but i wanna know, watz zone focusing? No ideal wat izzt. :confused:

w.s.y said:
ooo.... ok... thx for the advise guys... but i wanna know, watz zone focusing? No ideal wat izzt. :confused:

most lenses have a distance scale on the lens, turn to the distance that your subject is nearest to and when you focus, it will be faster to achieve a focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.