Manual Focus vs Auto Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

fz5

Mar 30, 2005
Hi guyz! I'm newbie from Malaysia!

I wanna ask few question here regarding to my topic as above.

Q1: What is the difference between Manual Focus & Auto Focus?

Q2: Do Manual Focus got big difference in certain situation? Pls give example of the situation.

Q3: How do Manual Focus Function?

I'm now confusing wanna buy a FZ5 or FZ20 because of few reason. One of the reason is bout this topic.

Thanks in Advance!

manual u use ur eyes. auto use computer chip.

the computer chip focuses by seeking solid contrast between colours. hence in low light situations, it has so much trouble looking for contrast that it can't decide. (i think tat's wat happens.) So it's better to switch to manual focus at this kind of situations.

on a slr body, u rotate the focus ring on the lense. on digital p&s, i suppose there's a dial or button u can use.

Manual - You have to focus the lens yourself. The best MF cameras - Leica ;)

Auto - The camera does it for you.

Q2: Do Manual Focus got big difference in certain situation? Pls give example of the situation.

The AI of the autofocus chip is not really that 'smart'. By using auto focus it low light conditions, the camera will experience some difficulty to get a fix on a subject to focus on. Hence, it's better to use MF.

SLRs use the focusing ring on the lens

Pns(Film): doubt you can do that

Pns(Digital): The manual should tell you that

fz5 said:
Hi guyz! I'm newbie from Malaysia!

I wanna ask few question here regarding to my topic as above.

I'm now confusing wanna buy a FZ5 or FZ20 because of few reason. One of the reason is bout this topic.

Thanks in Advance!

Hi FZ5,
The question you are probably asking is what it the difference between manual focus of the FZ5 and FZ20.
the FZ5 manual focus is by setting the camera to manual focus and then adjust the focus by pressing some buttons on your camera.
For the FZ20, manual focus is selected by a switch on the lens and then you focus by turning a ring on the lens.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.