Manila Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic and interesting.
You should shoot the earth from the moon.

Cheers

It looks great! I love the details of the moon. And that is one awesome super duper telephoto power you have there.

But may I know why you use iso800. Why not use iso100??

Thanks, jc1.

kelccm, the sweet aperture value of the combo with stacked TCs is f/25. If I shot at ISO 100, my shutter speed would've been 1/13 sec for proper exposure, which is way, way too slow.

I need at least 1/30 sec to freeze the motion of the moon. I used 1/100 sec to minimize shake and had to increase ISO to 800 to maintain proper exposure.

Romy

wow!! :bigeyes:

:bigeyes: wow
Fantastic shot

Liquidstone said:
Thanks, jc1.

kelccm, the sweet aperture value of the combo with stacked TCs is f/25. If I shot at ISO 100, my shutter speed would've been 1/13 sec for proper exposure, which is way, way too slow.

I need at least 1/30 sec to freeze the motion of the moon. I used 1/100 sec to minimize shake and had to increase ISO to 800 to maintain proper exposure.

Romy

I learn something new. Do you really need at least 1/30 sec to freeze motion of the moon?? Is our Earth really turning that fast or is it the moon is turning that fast?? I thought with a strong stable support it should be ok up to 1 sec. Or are you compensating for ground shake??

Liquidstone said:
Thanks, jc1.

Romy

Wow! I didnt know its had to be 1/30 too. Interesting.

kelccm said:
I learn something new. Do you really need at least 1/30 sec to freeze motion of the moon?? Is our Earth really turning that fast or is it the moon is turning that fast?? I thought with a strong stable support it should be ok up to 1 sec. Or are you compensating for ground shake??

Most astro-shooters will say that one needs a shutter speed of at least 1/30 to 1/50 sec to freeze the moon's motion as it "speeds" across the frame. Of course, faster SS is better.

At moonshots, IMHO, the challenge is to find the optimum balance among longest reach (prone to shake), fast SS (needs high ISO/noisy) and stopped down aperture (needs more light/diffraction sets in).

I believe ground shake has very little effect.... the wind (even a light breeze) has more impact on shake. I actually remove all straps from the combo when shooting the moon, as their pendulum-swing can induce some shake.

Romy

Status
Not open for further replies.