Manhattan Skyline, evening light, 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
manhattan_skyline.jpg

Am learning more about photoshop on the web. Digitaloutback photos edge sharpen action, while a bit too much for landscapes, seems to work well with architecture (I'll file this under 'travel' since theres no architecture category). No colour adjustment, no filters, just nice evening light.

The vignetting was caused by the embarassing mistake of not screwing on the hood of my 28-70 properly..... I didn't see that tip in any photo guide :)

Originally posted by erwinx
manhattan_skyline.jpg

Am learning more about photoshop on the web. Digitaloutback photos edge sharpen action, while a bit too much for landscapes, seems to work well with architecture (I'll file this under 'travel' since theres no architecture category). No colour adjustment, no filters, just nice evening light.

The vignetting was caused by the embarassing mistake of not screwing on the hood of my 28-70 properly..... I didn't see that tip in any photo guide :)

What sharperning technique is that? care to share with us?

Light's nice, it's a nice pic too... but I will give my usual whinge about a wonky horizon. Keep the good stuff coming!

I got the filter at www.outbackphoto.com looking it at, I think the settings are deliberately exaggerated (they also sell as shareware a 'better' one) but it gets you thinking in terms of adjustment layers.

Problem with actions is you can't make them 'stop for user input' so that you can vary settings which is annoying since i tweak all my 'keepers' individually (i have very few keepers :) )

I suppose if I were very serious, I would look for a plugin so that i can adjust all the variables and have real-time previews (instead of jumping back and forth on the history bar).

Status
Not open for further replies.