MANGO sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

MANGO - on Chinese New Year's Eve is still busy - not as crowded as normal when u have a 50% sale going on, but still populated by girls of all ages. I was there (no i'm not a cross dresser! ;P) with a female friend who was shopping for CNY clothes when i spotted this clothes hanger casting a nice shadow under the store lights.

I thought it was pretty symbolic of times when there were sales going on in MANGO, the quinessential upmarket boutique for aspiring young ladies and sophisticated working women. Hoards (and i mean hoards) of females would crowd the store and empty the shelves and racks. (hey i'm observant okay?) This empty hanger represents the thousands of dollars the girls spent on clothes here!

My friend, who knew wat i was about to go, gave the highly encouraging "let me walk away from you first" statement before disappearing deeper into the Suntec City outlet (it's a huge one!)

D30, 50mm f1.4
ISO 200 at 1/125 sec, f/2.8

CRW_4149L.jpg

unfortunately i only had chance to take a few shots of the hanger before being approached by a (pretty) young sales assistant and courteously informed that photography is not allowed inside the store. The fact that i was hiding behind a rack of female clothes while taking the photo didn't help, as is my close promixity to the changing room at that point in time.

oops ;p

Originally posted by Mystix
gotta admire ur courage hehe

the most is i get thrown out of the store right? ;p
but hey i do have a friend who's shopping inside!

btw just added exposure data for the shot....
it took time, but i'm beginning to like the 50mm f1.4 more and more :)
optical quality and speed was never in doubt - the 50 with the 1.6x multiplier made it difficult for me to get into the lens however!

Hey nice shot. nice colors. Too bad...its in a shop which would throw ppl out. hehe
Nice gutsy shot. :D

Originally posted by Red Dawn
Hi

MANGO - snip,snip - as is my close promixity to the changing room at that point in time.

oops ;p

hey! so where are the shots from the changing rooms ;p .... kekekeke ... for your eyes only?

Originally posted by Red Dawn

the most is i get thrown out of the store right? ;p

Not really. The most is you get arrested and get your picture splashed all over New Paper for being a peeping tom. Don't pray pray.

Originally posted by StreetShooter

Not really. The most is you get arrested and get your picture splashed all over New Paper for being a peeping tom. Don't pray pray.

okay..i know....the clothes hanger is naked, therefore illegal to photograph ;p

Hi

oh btw i passed by MANGO at Raffles City today and saw this set of mannequins with the latest fashion from the store.....

hmmmmmmmmmmm........can try that someday..

Status
Not open for further replies.