Manfrotto Tripod Strap or Tripod padded bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber_Duck

May 26, 2004
nippon
www.flickr.com
Hi all,

After get my Manfrotto tripod and ball head.
Now I wondering should I just get a Manfrotto tripod strap or padded bag? :think:

Checked the Manfrotto padded tripod bag is just a very simple bag with no any extra pocket and the carry strap is stitched on the bag. So unable to change the strap... Dont think is worth well to invest it.

Any other bags or advice from anyone?

Thanks...

Actually, u don't even need to buy a strap. I tied a loop on one of my tripod legs and used a sling from an old sling bag as the strap. There's a ring on the tripod to hook the other part of the sling. It's really cheap! :)

Actually, u don't even need to buy a strap. I tied a loop on one of my tripod legs and used a sling from an old sling bag as the strap. There's a ring on the tripod to hook the other part of the sling. It's really cheap! :)

OIC...
But I don't even have used bag strap?

May I know how you do with your tripod, keep in a bag or carry with a strap?

OIC...

If you don't want to spend $$ on a manfrotto tripod bag, u can get a plain black padded bag from TCW at around $30 IIRC. :) I have the manfrotto bag n i think it's a waste of $$.

For straps, i don't remember the price but i know there are many people who use optech straps.

OIC...

Too bad my tripod's in my car right now cos I'm going for a shoot tomorrow, so I can take a photo and post it here. But I basically take a parcel string and tie it to the leg that it opposite to the strap lug. then just sling it over my shoulder.

I've got a MiniTrekker Classic and a CompuTrekker AW which comes with a tripod holder at the back. I just put my tripod there sometimes. In fact, I'm selling off my MiniTrekker... u interested?

got no pic of my DIY tripod strap & handle.

but its basically put together with
. water hose clips,
. nylon straps (25mm width) or elactic cord as shoulder strap,
. plastic 'D' rings,
. self adhesive rubber sheet (or cork to prevent srcatches when the clips are tightened)(Daiso has cork),

extras like
. short section of PVC pipe for handle for comfort (or use bicycle tubing?),
. elastic cords (distribute load more evenly)
can be added. of course u can also think of alternative materials. just dun tighten the clips till the legs get damage!

If you don't want to spend $$ on a manfrotto tripod bag, u can get a plain black padded bag from TCW at around $30 IIRC. :) I have the manfrotto bag n i think it's a waste of $$.

For straps, i don't remember the price but i know there are many people who use optech straps.

Oh.. tripod bag = Waste $$$ - GOT IT....!! Thanks...;)
I also felt the same way too...
carry the cam bag and tripod bag... felt like carry a FBO kinda feeling....:bsmilie:

Yes, I saw optech straps look quite OK does it c/w a velcro to tie the tripod legs?
Now pocket is empty.... Thinking of DIY instead or just get the optech strap......
which is better?? :think:

Too bad my tripod's in my car right now cos I'm going for a shoot tomorrow, so I can take a photo and post it here. But I basically take a parcel string and tie it to the leg that it opposite to the strap lug. then just sling it over my shoulder.

I've got a MiniTrekker Classic and a CompuTrekker AW which comes with a tripod holder at the back. I just put my tripod there sometimes. In fact, I'm selling off my MiniTrekker... u interested?

Thanks but no thank you.... :angel:
Pocket burn a hole liao....:sweatsm:

got no pic of my DIY tripod strap & handle.

but its basically put together with
. water hose clips,
. nylon straps (25mm width) or elactic cord as shoulder strap,
. plastic 'D' rings,
. self adhesive rubber sheet (or cork to prevent srcatches when the clips are tightened)(Daiso has cork),

extras like
. short section of PVC pipe for handle for comfort (or use bicycle tubing?),
. elastic cords (distribute load more evenly)
can be added. of course u can also think of alternative materials. just dun tighten the clips till the legs get damage!

ermmmmmmmm.............
Sound interesting.....
care to share more detail?....:think:

ermmmmmmmm.............
Sound interesting.....
care to share more detail?....:think:

unfortunately, the details are in the pictures. & i dun have any to show... :sweat:

ooh, another tip, a PVC water hose (cut to small sheets) works better at preventing cosmetic damages to the tripod. also, getting the CG rite makes carrying alot easier too.

Unless ur DIY is very nice, i dont suggest DIY lah.

U spend so much on gear then have to resort to plastic bag, PVC handles.

Just spend a bit of money and get something decent, dont have to be expensive. At least maintain some form of image.

PS: I am a shallow guy, appearance is important. So I spent $35 on a manfrotto sling for my manfrotto Tripod. :bsmilie:

with strap, (i used manfrotto that had no sponge and optech strap that has a thick neoprene material shoulder pad, the padding does take away lots of strain)
fast deployment, easy to move around.
but tripod will be scratched since exposed to elements.

with bag,
slow deployment, after that, to move to next location, say 50-100m away, its either you dismount your camera, retract the legs and keep it in bags and re=deploy again.
or dont dismount camera (i always do that since i am have confident in my gears), just carry the whole thing, only problem is you now have an extra bag (a big one since it is padded, so cant collasp it an keep inside your camera bag)
but than your tripod are better protect between destination.

alu tripod is much more robust than CF, so using strap is not an issue.
CF tripod is so $$$ and less robust, so better protect with bag.

no offence Moby, but the DIYed strap works for me for a long time. so i just share my idea.

as denniskee mentioned, shooting on the move constantly- less is more. why not shoot with 1 less item b4 buying?

add to that, it may be a hassle if there is no place decent to rest an additional bag. i go a variety of places to shoot at leisure, if u dun mind some grim or mud on the bag carry on. tips of tripod legs are much easier to maintain.

yah, doesn't look sexy walking with 5 legs :bsmilie:, but its faster. ;p

Oh.. tripod bag = Waste $$$ - GOT IT....!! Thanks...;)
I also felt the same way too...
carry the cam bag and tripod bag... felt like carry a FBO kinda feeling....:bsmilie:

Yes, I saw optech straps look quite OK does it c/w a velcro to tie the tripod legs?
Now pocket is empty.... Thinking of DIY instead or just get the optech strap......
which is better?? :think:

Bag might cost more but it will protect ur tripod from scratches.

When u carry ur tripod with a strap,u got to be careful not to hit urself or others with ur tripod cost IT REALLY HURTS! I think you should not DIY cos the optech neoprene strap has a shoulder padding that will make carrying ur tripod more comfortable. :)

Hi all,

After get my Manfrotto tripod and ball head.
Now I wondering should I just get a Manfrotto tripod strap or padded bag? :think:

Checked the Manfrotto padded tripod bag is just a very simple bag with no any extra pocket and the carry strap is stitched on the bag. So unable to change the strap... Dont think is worth well to invest it.

Any other bags or advice from anyone?

Thanks...

Get the one that will make your images better:dunno:

At the end of the day, it does not matter, because neither will.

Ok, get the bag, esier to carry.

Unless ur DIY is very nice, i dont suggest DIY lah.

U spend so much on gear then have to resort to plastic bag, PVC handles.

Just spend a bit of money and get something decent, dont have to be expensive. At least maintain some form of image.

PS: I am a shallow guy, appearance is important. So I spent $35 on a manfrotto sling for my manfrotto Tripod. :bsmilie:

:think:...... Image......

unfortunately, the details are in the pictures. & i dun have any to show... :sweat:

ooh, another tip, a PVC water hose (cut to small sheets) works better at preventing cosmetic damages to the tripod. also, getting the CG rite makes carrying alot easier too.

OIC... IS OK... Thanks..!!!

with strap, (i used manfrotto that had no sponge and optech strap that has a thick neoprene material shoulder pad, the padding does take away lots of strain)
fast deployment, easy to move around.
but tripod will be scratched since exposed to elements.

with bag,
slow deployment, after that, to move to next location, say 50-100m away, its either you dismount your camera, retract the legs and keep it in bags and re=deploy again.
or dont dismount camera (i always do that since i am have confident in my gears), just carry the whole thing, only problem is you now have an extra bag (a big one since it is padded, so cant collasp it an keep inside your camera bag)
but than your tripod are better protect between destination.

alu tripod is much more robust than CF, so using strap is not an issue.
CF tripod is so $$$ and less robust, so better protect with bag.

Thanks for the advice.....!!!
Really Appreciated...:)

I wasn't aware that CF tripod is less robust than Alu tripod.
I tot CF tripod is also very robust too....
Like that I need to protect my investment liao.....For the sick of resale value :sweatsm:

no offence Moby, but the DIYed strap works for me for a long time. so i just share my idea.

as denniskee mentioned, shooting on the move constantly- less is more. why not shoot with 1 less item b4 buying?

add to that, it may be a hassle if there is no place decent to rest an additional bag. i go a variety of places to shoot at leisure, if u dun mind some grim or mud on the bag carry on. tips of tripod legs are much easier to maintain.

yah, doesn't look sexy walking with 5 legs :bsmilie:, but its faster. ;p

Ya lor.... there will be Pros and Cons...:cry:
Walking with 5 legs... is a pains man....:sweatsm:

Bag might cost more but it will protect ur tripod from scratches.

When u carry ur tripod with a strap,u got to be careful not to hit urself or others with ur tripod cost IT REALLY HURTS! I think you should not DIY cos the optech neoprene strap has a shoulder padding that will make carrying ur tripod more comfortable. :)

Yes, I do understand your points...:angel:
After invested so $$$ on the tripod.
Why not add on abit little more $ to protect your investment.....:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.