Manfrotto Tripod Strap or Tripod padded bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a bag! Can't bear to drill holes into my tripod

It has three sizes to fit different width of a folded tripod. You can also adjust its length to fit folded tripod from 40 to 79cm for Bazooka and 56 to 100cm for the Humongous Bazooka. It can be gotten from John 3:16 and TK.

U know the price? I recommend this to one of my frz who is using Gitzo Explroer with head, but I not sure abt the price.

Shd be cheaper then Gitzo bag right?

U know the price? I recommend this to one of my frz who is using Gitzo Explroer with head, but I not sure abt the price.

Shd be cheaper then Gitzo bag right?

You will need to give them a call as the prices are not listed on their website but I remember buying the smallest Bazooka at around $80+.

Cheaper than Gitzo bag or not, I have no idea as I never asked about it.

This is my diy strap. just cable tie a small ring to the tripod and purchase a strap. when extending the tripod i just need to unclip the bottom strap. wanna get a manfortto bag but it cost $55, and the strap also cost about $30 plus. decided to diy since i'm not using a very expensive tripod and find it kind of troublesome to carry a bag along. My damage. $4 for strap at army market. Ring and cable tie can easily find at daiso or diy shops. if u need a shoulder pad can get one for $5.

i bgt 2 dog collars from Daiso. they clip around the tripod and have a metal ring for attaching generic bag straps. no metal part is in contact with tripod. btw Daiso is really a good place if you want to be creative and diy :)

This is my diy strap. just cable tie a small ring to the tripod and purchase a strap. when extending the tripod i just need to unclip the bottom strap. wanna get a manfortto bag but it cost $55, and the strap also cost about $30 plus. decided to diy since i'm not using a very expensive tripod and find it kind of troublesome to carry a bag along. My damage. $4 for strap at army market. Ring and cable tie can easily find at daiso or diy shops. if u need a shoulder pad can get one for $5.

this is really a nice and cheap way to do it, i'll be doin it liao, tks for sharing bro, btw, r u from VOGS?

ya from vogs. do get a smaller strap, more comfortable.

get a tripod strap from Eastgear, it come with padding and very affordable.
bag are not convenient for photo outing, unless you are traveling or going for assignment, have tons of gears to carry, tripod bag will be useful here.

can i check which part of the tripod do u guys clip the strap

Wondering... For your fastening near the ball head, why are you not hooking on the provided metal hook on the tripod neck ? Your plastic hook cannot fit in ?

Wondering... For your fastening near the ball head, why are you not hooking on the provided metal hook on the tripod neck ? Your plastic hook cannot fit in ?

a bit tight to fit in but the main reason for not hooking at the tripod is because my tripod hook is made of plastic and its seems will break easily

When you attach the strap to one end of one leg of the tripod, as you carry it, will the legs tend to open up by themselves?

When you attach the strap to one end of one leg of the tripod, as you carry it, will the legs tend to open up by themselves?

mine still a bit tight, maybe not for now, after long usage i dont know, maybe can just use a big size rubber band to tie together. wondering for those who bought original strap where do u guys tie the bottom to? i dont see any hook at the leg area.

I have a bag which I bought online and got it delivered to me whilst I was in the US. It is a fantastic bag; HAKUBA USA INC PSTC100 Tripod Case. It is solidly padded and allows my 190xprob with 486RC2 attached to fit nicely. There are handle bars plus carrying strap. There is even a side pocket which is padded

http://www.amazon.com/HAKUBA-USA-PS...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1230700104&sr=8-1

Cost me US$28.

Had to buy it mainly for storing my tripod to prevent it from being used by my kids as a anti-tank weapon and damaging all my furniture at home. However, I do agree that for photography treks, that a strap would make better sense.

i'm currently using the 190cxpro4, during winter, the stand is really very cold to hold, do u guys buy the sleeves (not sure wat it's call) to zip it up, cos i saw it at Bic-camera. is dat the oni option i have?

i'm currently using the 190cxpro4, during winter, the stand is really very cold to hold, do u guys buy the sleeves (not sure wat it's call) to zip it up, cos i saw it at Bic-camera. is dat the oni option i have?
leg warmers

I also facing the same problem as you too...
So I wear a gloves while carry around it...but remove it while shooting....:sweat:

I wear gloves too, it's fine with gloves on, but without gloves is like buildin snowman;p

Status
Not open for further replies.