Manfrotto quick release plates


Status
Not open for further replies.

sweat100

Senior Member
Jul 7, 2002
1,636
4
38
Singapore
sweat100.multiply.com
Recently found out that for the Manfrotto 488 ballhead series, there are 3 types of quick release plates; the RC0, RC2, RC4. Other than the shape, what are the other things that they are different. Each got cater to different needs? Which one is better?

Have been to Cathy and only the 488 RC0 is available. Wanted to get the RC2 but cant find. Any suggestions where to get it in singapore?
 

metallilan

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
2,866
0
0
Singapore
do you mind me asking how much is that model..he RC0 at CP?
 

Horsba85

New Member
Nov 10, 2005
283
0
0
Singapore
from what the guy at AP says, there's not much difference. just that RC4 is newest and RC0 is the older model.
 

Snoweagle

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
14,001
0
0
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Out of curiosity, may i know what's the difference between the RC0, RC2 and RC4? Cos i've a 484RC2 ballhead.
 

sweat100

Senior Member
Jul 7, 2002
1,636
4
38
Singapore
sweat100.multiply.com
Snoweagle said:
Out of curiosity, may i know what's the difference between the RC0, RC2 and RC4? Cos i've a 484RC2 ballhead.
Ya man thats what i want to know too. :) Is it jus the age and design as mentioned?
 

Caomhin

New Member
From what I know, the bigger the plate the bigger the Cam its for i.e. RC2 suitable for SLR up to about 200mm vs RC4 for larger and heavier Cams and lenses. The larger the plate the more the stablility.

I personaly use RC2 for convenience and less "chunkiness". I dunt have BigMas anyway.
Grab what suits your needs as mileage does vary... :)
 

clie

New Member
Dec 28, 2005
73
0
0
If I guess correctly, the different plates can be placed at different angles on the head. For the RC2, only one direction, forward. The RC0 ,if I am not wrong is hexagonal, therefore you can place it at multiple interval angles of 60 deg.
;)
 

Snoweagle

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
14,001
0
0
Pasir Ris, Singapore
Caomhin said:
From what I know, the bigger the plate the bigger the Cam its for i.e. RC2 suitable for SLR up to about 200mm vs RC4 for larger and heavier Cams and lenses. The larger the plate the more the stablility.

I personaly use RC2 for convenience and less "chunkiness". I dunt have BigMas anyway.
Grab what suits your needs as mileage does vary... :)
Not true. I've a tamron 28-300mm lens and there's still lots of room for weight. It's the maximum and total load that counts.
 

Snoweagle

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2005
14,001
0
0
Pasir Ris, Singapore
clie said:
If I guess correctly, the different plates can be placed at different angles on the head. For the RC2, only one direction, forward. The RC0 ,if I am not wrong is hexagonal, therefore you can place it at multiple interval angles of 60 deg.
;)
Hmmm...interesting fact.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.